For you hunters 55 and older

Rich Kaminski

I'll be 67 and still hunting this year and many more. I have friends who hunted well into their 80's and the older we get - the better hunters we become. For instance my first time out last year I let 4 does walk during the first day of black powder season, then I hunted opening day rifle season and shot a large buck 13 minutes after leaving the hunting camp in the morning. Don't worry because I am writing a book on how to become an expert hunter and I will share all of my knowledge with you.

SCPO

Will be 77 in May. Still use a climbing stand. Run and gun Turkey hunting. I did trade my 2008 Rancher ES for a 2018 Foreman Rubicon ES with power steering. Guess I'm getting lazy. :)

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking this Saturday is a good morning to do this, the earlier the better to beat the crowd. Plus the weather / temps aren't going to be worth doing much else that early in the morning.

I can’t commit until maybe 2/23. Gone to lake this weekend and having shoulder surgery on 2/13.

I may still be heavily sedated on 2/23 but you could come give me a ride. ?

Are any of you other guys gonna jine in?? They got sho nuff good country breakfast.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I won't be able to make this weekend or the 23rd. Having rotator cuff surgery on the 19th. Got lots of things to do before then.Ya'll have fun.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I won't be able to make this weekend or the 23rd. Having rotator cuff surgery on the 19th. Got lots of things to do before then.Ya'll have fun.

Good luck and wishes for a quick recovery from the surgery.

Rotator cuff repair is one of the things I’m having on 2/13. I’m hoping I would be up to eating out 10 days later.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I can’t commit until maybe 2/23. Gone to lake this weekend and having shoulder surgery on 2/13.

I may still be heavily sedated on 2/23 but you could come give me a ride. ?

Are any of you other guys gonna jine in?? They got sho nuff good country breakfast.
Remind me closer to the 23rd. I'm old, I can't remember that far out. :bounce:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good luck and wishes for a quick recovery from the surgery.

Rotator cuff repair is one of the things I’m having on 2/13. I’m hoping I would be up to eating out 10 days later.
Hope your goes very well.We ain't getting any younger and need all the extra days we can get.
If it is orthoscopic recovery is 2-3 weeks. If they split your shoulder like gutting a deer it is 3-6 months.

Timberman

I’m staring 55 in the face so I’m bout to join the club. I still get around pretty good considering.

I should be able to see a few more sunrises above 3000’ before I am relegated to the flat lands.

EE28E32B-FA6A-4900-87D7-B4E1FEB4EF11.jpeg

Gbr5pb

old fella told me and a friend at Cohutta that he used to hunt there more before he retired to South Georgia! We didn’t understand at the time but do 100% now!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Bump for stories, questions, comments, lies, or other various and sundry posts.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I’m staring 55 in the face so I’m bout to join the club. I still get around pretty good considering.

I should be able to see a few more sunrises above 3000’ before I am relegated to the flat lands.

View attachment 958418

We have some mghty fine sunrises and sunsets here in the flatwoods and swamps too. And a lot more game. Come on down.sunrise3.jpgsundown3.jpg

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Thanks Nic. As I get older I appreciate a good pic. Relaxing to look at on a rainy day. I wish I'd carried a camera more when I was younger. The few pics from way back, mean a lot.