For you hunters 55 and older

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Okay seniors.
Who among us is retired, semi retired, retiring soon, etc.

What is your employment status?

I am almost 64. My status is full time employment planning to retire in May 2020.

Last edited:

TimBray

64- retired several years ago. Worked part-time until last May when wife developed some health issues. She's all better now and I'm thinking about another part-time job.

hdgapeach

55 years
Status: Full time without a hint of retirement in sight. Wish the good Lord wooda mentioned something about mandatory retirement in the good Book somewhere (lol).

Second start on life nearly 20 years ago set me back to zero on the retirement thing. It's all good, though. I done did it right this time!! Love the job, the new wife, where I reside......Life is GOOD!

Wayne D Davis

55 years
Status: Full time without a hint of retirement in sight. Wish the good Lord wooda mentioned something about mandatory retirement in the good Book somewhere (lol).

Second start on life nearly 20 years ago set me back to zero on the retirement thing. It's all good, though. I done did it right this time!! Love the job, the new wife, where I reside......Life is GOOD!
Same here. The end of 2009 I started my life over. Been full time self employed since then. Hopefully I'll get a few years off but nothing planned. But making my own hours helps during turkey, and deer seasons. Long as the bills getting paid I head to the woods

Keith Karr

I’ll be 62 on July 3rd and will retire on July 31st. I’ll leave having 41 years 4 months with Ga Power.

I’ve been blessed with good health so far and plan to continue doing my regular job with GPC 1-2 days per week.

Just bought Kubota L4701 and a bunch of implements and look forward to using it on 1000+ acres in Meriwether county.

Got seven grandkids and plan to do some fishing, camping and watching a bunch of their ball games.

?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'm 67 and still work everyday, call me silly but it keeps me sharp.
The day I don't like it I'll walk out of here.

I still hunt and fish regularly though move a little more carefully these days.
Nic's advice on using a walking stick has made getting around more comfortable.
Got my first grand baby this year, see the braggin pics forum.

Health wise, I'm good for an old fat guy.
I've had cervical fusion, C-4,5 & 6 for almost 20 years now.
Too many bumps & Gs flying low level for too many years in the military.
May have to have the cataract surgery as it's messing with my shootin eye.
I plan on being on a mountain top Saturday morning looking for a gobbler.

Esau

I will be 55 in 27 days. Full time employed, will be for 5 more years. I spend all of my free time outdoors. I hunt, fish, hike, paddle, and grow as much of my own food as I can. I'm lucky, my wife is happy working in the garden, and she puts up with me. :)

shdw633

I'm 58, working full time right now and am looking to start slowing down in the next year and a half. Don't think I will fully retire because the job I do allows me the flexibility to work as much or as little as I want to, though once I hit 65 I don't know that I'll continue doing it, depends on how strict momma is with the purse strings.

BriarPatch99

This is past February 28th made 10 years since I retired .... Since then .... I had cataracts removed from both eyes, gall bladder surgery, kidney stone surgery and in the process of getting a neck fusion C7 .... got a knee that bone on bone ....

Who was it that said "Golden Years" .... 63 working on 64 ...now

I still like to hunt and fish as much as I ever did .... I just don't go as much as I used to ....

Nic... Go get them eyes fixed ....best thing I ever did .... I can see like I was 20 again except for the readers I tote for fine print .... Heck in good light I can even make that out !!!

When I get this neck fixed ...I'll be ready to sling that new fly line and maybe a catalpa worm off the Satilla sandbar for some redbreast....

Moving Man

ANTI-AMERICAN
Try an electric bike for mobility. They are quiet/silent fun to ride and get ya anywhere. Easy to load into a truck. Plus the deer do not seem to see you as a threat when on a bike,.. they just look at you with curiosity.

Here is my ride and shoot setup,.. notice the strap through the trigger,.. so ya ride along and when ya see a deer you point the bike at the deer and jam on the breaks. Bam the gun fires!

Yes the last part was a joke,..

just turned 54 so harder to hike far as I used too.

This bike will go 14 miles if you do not peddle assist and just use the throttle it. Top speed 20 mph. cost 1500 new. Plus flying around on it ya feel 10 years younger no joke,.. big hill and ya hit the juice and up ya go! Can't stop this bike!

Fat tires go anywhere even through 6 inches of snow. (not that you folks gotta worry about that!)

Attachments

• IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 35