For you hunters 55 and older

bany

Try an electric bike for mobility. They are quiet/silent fun to ride and get ya anywhere. Easy to load into a truck. Plus the deer do not seem to see you as a threat when on a bike,.. they just look at you with curiosity.

Here is my ride and shoot setup,.. notice the strap through the trigger,.. so ya ride along and when ya see a deer you point the bike at the deer and jam on the breaks. Bam the gun fires!

Yes the last part was a joke,..

just turned 54 so harder to hike far as I used too.

This bike will go 14 miles if you do not peddle assist and just use the throttle it. Top speed 20 mph. cost 1500 new. Plus flying around on it ya feel 10 years younger no joke,.. big hill and ya hit the juice and up ya go! Can't stop this bike!

Fat tires go anywhere even through 6 inches of snow. (not that you folks gotta worry about that!)
I like the bike! Will it drag an animal out?
58 this year and reckon I’ll work til I can’t, couldn’t hardly walk last night but I can this morning!! Work for myself and am learning what I shouldn’t be doing, (sold the 40’ ladder) and hunting isn’t one of them!

Moving Man

ANTI-AMERICAN
It would not drag out an animal but some put a cart on the back and then you could.

In general I exit, dump the bike and go back in sometimes with help. That allows the deer to die in peace too.

Also here is a video on the benies of electric bike while hunting

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 2

Dub

Try an electric bike for mobility. They are quiet/silent fun to ride and get ya anywhere. Easy to load into a truck. Plus the deer do not seem to see you as a threat when on a bike,.. they just look at you with curiosity.

Here is my ride and shoot setup,.. notice the strap through the trigger,.. so ya ride along and when ya see a deer you point the bike at the deer and jam on the breaks. Bam the gun fires!

Yes the last part was a joke,..

just turned 54 so harder to hike far as I used too.

This bike will go 14 miles if you do not peddle assist and just use the throttle it. Top speed 20 mph. cost 1500 new. Plus flying around on it ya feel 10 years younger no joke,.. big hill and ya hit the juice and up ya go! Can't stop this bike!

Fat tires go anywhere even through 6 inches of snow. (not that you folks gotta worry about that!)

That's awesome.

It would not drag out an animal but some put a cart on the back and then you could.

In general I exit, dump the bike and go back in sometimes with help. That allows the deer to die in peace too.

Also here is a video on the benies of electric bike while hunting

Pretty nifty bike.

Well done !!!!

Dub

My left shoulder feels as though it is made from spare parts. I purchased a new shotgun a few days ago in the hopes of reducing some of the recoil I was experiencing with my 1300. I'm just not as tough as I once was. I also have cataracts but not bad enough just yet. Aches and pains come and go. Hips bothered me this year and I lost sight in my right eye several years ago. I can pick up movement better with one eye than I ever could with two so it ain't all bad. Like someone else said; Getting old ain't for sissies.

I hear ya.

My right shoulder is a grinding mess. It's overdue for replacement.

One thing that's helped me bigtime....sloughing off recoil. My last two shotguns have been Berettas that were equipped with their Kick-Off system. It works like an absolute charm. Sporting clays all day or patterning turkey loads are pieces of cake.

I've sold off all my magnum rifles, except one...a 270 WSM. It's even been tampered with a little bit by me adding a Sims Limbsaver pad to it. Doesn't get used so much as the regular ole rounds like .270 Win or other similar.

Beretta really did their homework on the A400 & A350 scatterguns. Highly recommend them. My shoulder can hang in there now....as I'm putting off replacement as long as I can.

bilgerat

Senior
if'n I tried one them elect bikes some one would have to come rescue Me out from under it in a ditch or washout cause the roads on My club are bad. Ill stick with My side by side.

Reactions: Dub

mattuga

Banned
Has anyone purchased on of the budget versions of an electric bike? Sounds like if under 750 watts they would be legal on a WMA.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Looks like I joined the club a few weeks back. The only retirement is death I reckon. Still logging miles in the woods. Carrying granddaughter on my shoulders. Gotta keep pushing or the rust will take over.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
We lost an old hunter a few year ago...Dr. Jack. He was in his 90's. We would take him out to a pop up blind, and put him in it, with a forked stick to hold his gun up. we'd come back a few hours later, and he'd still be in the same position we left him in. Once, we thought he froze to death. He always had a smile on his face on the ride back in to camp in the Mule. He didn't die at camp, but pretty sure if he had a choice, that'd be where he'd have gone.

Going out doing something you love is the only way. Hope I'm that lucky. My granddad dropped dead on the golf course at 87, still shooting his age.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Almost 59 and doing an archery rut hunt this fall. My son is going with me so I'll let him do most of the work. Still weighing a compound vs. Crossbow. I can still shoot but I'm down to pulling 55 lbs and my eyes ain't so good. But I'm going.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Almost 59 and doing an archery rut hunt this fall. My son is going with me so I'll let him do most of the work. Still weighing a compound vs. Crossbow. I can still shoot but I'm down to pulling 55 lbs and my eyes ain't so good. But I'm going.
59!? You're still a young whipper-snapper. No shame in a cross bow. I've killed more with a crossbow in the last 5years than I did with a bow.

Last edited:

bilgerat

Senior
Ill be 61 this season m Im forgoing My annual trip to Ontario and doing My first midwest guided bow hunt in Northern Missouri , Im thinking going cross bow too.

South Man

Just turned 55 in May and headed either MO or Iowa for first time if I get drawn!

BowArrow

I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.

Esau

I am now in the club. I turned 55 in April. I still do all the things I always have just a bit more slowly and carefully. I hunt, fish, hike and paddle canoes. I hunt with a long bow and an old side lock muzzle loader. I fish mostly with a fly rod. I don't use 4 wheelers. I walk in and drag out. I hope I can keep it up for as long as possible.

Triple C

I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.

BowArrow...You are da man!!! Every outdoorsman's dream is to be doing what you are doing at 81. I'm 63 and working hard to stay in decent shape. Don't want to be in the "done give up" crowd at 70.