For you hunters 55 and older

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.

The way my knees are, I`m not gonna make as far as you have, and while I admire no man, I tip my hat to you, Sir. The best to you. :cheers:

shdw633

It would not drag out an animal but some put a cart on the back and then you could.

In general I exit, dump the bike and go back in sometimes with help. That allows the deer to die in peace too.

Also here is a video on the benies of electric bike while hunting

For those that are veterans out there Rambo bikes has a great deal going on for their 750 watt mid-drive G3 model. Regularly it's $2600 plus but they have it on their website on sale for $1599 plus you get free bike rack and fenders (this weekend for fathers day). That's a good deal on it's own, but if you are a veteran you can request a code from them and get the bike for 20% less as a military discount, that's only $1280 for the bike. If you have done any research at all on electric bikes you will know that's an outstanding deal on a mid drive electric bike, especially a Rambo bike. I just thought I would pass that along.

Last edited:
I'll be 68 this November and I'm still determined to meet the Great Spirit in the woods with my weapons and wampum close by. In the mean time I'm not as good as I once was but I'm good once as I ever was.

oldguy

I am 81 and have bowhunted over 50 years and have not slowed down. Hunt by myself and have 8 different places I hunt from my sub-division to Fort Stewart which is 50 miles. Am hog hunting FS this summer and doing some scouting for deer season. I do some hard exercising every day except Sunday which keeps me in shape to climb trees. Hunting by myself is not the safest thing to do but I got to be out in woods looking for tracks. No bait, camera, scents or calls. Just my PSE and Summit.
I'm only 73, but I want to be like you when I grow up!

I’m 58 just had Back Surgery and having a fit because I cannot drive yet. Surgery was performed a month ago and walking and exercises. Just taking it slowly bow season is probably out but rifle season will be welcomed. I’m going to hunt and fish and work until I simply cannot go or pass away. That’s just the way it is. When you love the outdoors it’s