For you hunters 55 and older

Big7

The Oracle
Like many I'm sure, I hope my final day is in the stand. Hopefully the stand that is the farthest back in the woods and in a box blind because I want my hunting buddies to have a great story about what a nightmare it was to get me out of the woods!!!

That really happened to me!

Friend of mine died 2000 in a tree! He was eat up with diabetes and stopped for a while.

He was giving things away. Guess he knew his time had run.

He killed a deer while in the stand and had a heart attack.
I was a county away so before I got there some of our other friends had got him down and called the law.

We found the deer and everyone said he had "buck fever".

Been a few years since he hunted.

He was only 39 years old and one of my best friends..

R.I.P. Jeff Hogan, Rockdale County , Georgia! ::;

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have it on pretty good authority that Administrators can go behind the secret curtain and create new sub-forums.

We could do kinda like write your congressman I suppose:stir:

Dear Admin,

I am an old codger and we want our own sub-forum to hangout in without any drivel from young whippersnappers. We promise to always be good and never tell lies about things like this one time at deer camp...................

Sincerely,
Decrepit Old Member

Under two (2) conditions. You come back as a Moderator, and look after that particular subforum, and also take back over the On Topic Forum.

Agreed? :pop:

Regards,

An even older, ornery, Administrator

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Under two (2) conditions. You come back as a Moderator, and look after that particular subforum, and also take back over the On Topic Forum.

Agreed? :pop:

Regards,

An even older, ornery, Administrator

:hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

dslc6487

I am 71 years old and have loved hunting all my life. God blessed me with good parents that taught me right from wrong, sometimes at the end of a hickory stick. I hunted with my father, who taught me the valuable lessons of hunting: gun safety, respect for God's creatures and animals and that I should never kill any animal except for food, or, in some cases, maybe self defense. He also taught me to treasure the beauty of this earth that God has given us to enjoy. Some of my closest moments with my Creator have been when I have been in the woods either by myself, or, following one of the many faithful feist squirrel dogs that I have loved down through the years. I will hunt until I am not able to hunt any more, either physically or mentally. And, when that time comes, I will probably step off into the woods and go hunting one more time. And I think that God will understand

7Mag Hunter

I am 71 years old and have loved hunting all my life. God blessed me with good parents that taught me right from wrong, sometimes at the end of a hickory stick. I hunted with my father, who taught me the valuable lessons of hunting: gun safety, respect for God's creatures and animals and that I should never kill any animal except for food, or, in some cases, maybe self defense. He also taught me to treasure the beauty of this earth that God has given us to enjoy. Some of my closest moments with my Creator have been when I have been in the woods either by myself, or, following one of the many faithful feist squirrel dogs that I have loved down through the years. I will hunt until I am not able to hunt any more, either physically or mentally. And, when that time comes, I will probably step off into the woods and go hunting one more time. And I think that God will understand

Well said...

limestone

Come March, I will be 73 . My health is still good. I hunt most of time alone. If my time comes when I am in the woods, whats wrong with that. Before I raise my rifle now I do consider the drag out. Most of the time I don't do it.

SCPO

I am 75 and my hunt buddy of 35 years died Oct 20 last year. He was 75. We had applied for Quota hunt at Joe Kurz for Oct. 19/20/21. Oct 21 first day of gun season. We hunted Thur. and Friday morning. He had to go home at lunch to take care and feed wife who was down in her back. Talked Friday at 11 did a fist bump and left. Got a call at 2pm that he had passed away. I didn't hunt much this season. I'm changing my hunting. Instead of hunting from climber which I prefer to ladder stands for safety. Just not same camping and hunting by yourself.

Jack Ryan

You young guys have sure got a lot of nice plans, LOL.

63 in about a week. I had my snowshoes on today just for fun. Walked a couple laps around my place and up and down the paths I have to use most. Then shoveled the snow off the bridge in the driveway. It was still about zero by the time breakfast was ready.