Ford F150 with EcoBoost

TJay

To piggyback on the EcoBoost thread, I went and got one. F150 XLT xtra cab (didn't go for the crew) 4 x 4 with the EcoBoost. I haven't put many miles on it yet but I sure do like the responsiveness of the 3.5. Drives good handles good the only negative is they didn't have what I wanted in the Ruby color, had to settle for white. Now I just need to replace these ugly floor mats with some trays and get wheel well inserts for the rear wheels. I would have requested them from the dealer but I didn't even notice it until a friend of mine mentioned it. Now I just need some windshield time.

lonewolf247

Nice buy on the truck! I used to be stuck on colors with vehicles. That being said, I was on a roll with red trucks for a while. Then I actually sought out a white one and bought it, but was still partial to both colors.

It wasn't until I went out of state to buy one of my trucks. I had drove 4 hours to buy a particular red chevy truck, at an unbeatable price, and low and behold, when I got there, I got the run around! Grrrr

It was one of the Largest dealerships in the US at the time, it was in Houston Texas. I went though 4 managers and it was looking hopeless. I got to the 5th and final manager, and told him my story of how I drove 4 hours to pick up a specific truck, after being promised by the first manager, the day before, they would hold the truck for me.

He said give him a few minutes, and came back and told me he had them bringing a truck for me to look at, with all the same equipment, for the same price, but it was this new blue color. I decided to take it. Many people told me they loved the color, and it slowly grew on me.

Since then, I've bought a beige truck, and currently a black truck. This may be my favorite color of all!

Now I strictly go for the best price, and can just about live with any color, unless it's something really awful. lol

Deerhead

I bought a Burgundy XLT 150 w/V8 I wanted the Lariat but was not willing to pay the prince. I am very happy with the XTL. I added Weathertech floor mats, rear wheel well liners, Line-X, tail gate assist and Roll-n-Lock cover. Just a few more years of payments to go....

TJay

I bought a Burgundy XLT 150 w/V8 I wanted the Lariat but was not willing to pay the prince. I am very happy with the XTL. I added Weathertech floor mats, rear wheel well liners, Line-X, tail gate assist and Roll-n-Lock cover. Just a few more years of payments to go....
Yep. I've ordered the same mats and wheel liners. I still need a cover for the bed, and the tail gate assist is on the list too. Do you like your cover?

Deerhead

Yep. I've ordered the same mats and wheel liners. I still need a cover for the bed, and the tail gate assist is on the list too. Do you like your cover?
Yes I absolutely love the Roll-N-Lock. Everything in the bed stays dry. Now dust will make its way in the bed. But water will not. I went with the manual version not the motorized. Less to break.