Forget modesty here,...........

Al33

we need to see and read about what your hobbies are. Do not be bashful about sharing your interests or photo's of any particular things you have made or do.

I have learned a lot from what others have posted here in the past but lately it sure has been slow. Soooooooo, help us out here and strut your stuff.:D

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
::ke: Under one condition-I don`t go first! :eek: Start it off Al, I have to gather all my hobby stuff up. :D

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ll get a few pics up tomorrow.
Some of my various hobbies are flintknappin`, makin` stone knives and arrows, bone and antler tools, powder horns, buckskin and leather work, fur tannin`, primitive cordage and glue, primitive fire makin`, poplar and hickory bark baskets, primitive shelters and a few other affairs of early livin`.

Count Down

#1 Church- But the only hobbies "I" have revolves around the outdoors (fishing, hunting, camping). But the thing I enjoy the most is coaching football for my son and soccer/basketball for my youngest daughter. I guess it's sounds boring, but it fills my time fairly well, and I enjoy it. So, I'll sit back and live other hobbies through my friends at Woody's Campfire!:fine:

I'm looking forward to the results of this thread, it may spark me to do something else.....:biggrin2:

Burl E.

Al33 said:
we need to see and read about what your hobbies are. Do not be bashful about sharing your interests or photo's of any particular things you have made or do.

I have learned a lot from what others have posted here in the past but lately it sure has been slow. Soooooooo, help us out here and strut your stuff.:D

Dang Al, A man has got to go on vacation sometimes.
It just can't be hobby, hobby, hobby all the time. ::ke:
Man, that Al sho' is a slave driver.:whip:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Y'all know what started out as being a hobby for me when I was a young 'un is now the way that Smokey and I make our living--free-lance writing. However, I, also, collect picture post-cards, coins, in addition to black lab, German Shepherd, owls, and lion/lioness memorabilia. I can show photos, maybe?
Sue

Duramax

My hobbies include fishing, boating, racing, shooting competively rifles/pistols/shotguns. Making turkey calls out of turtle shells. I cant forget about tinkering around with hotrods.

Al33

Thanks folks!

Now then, we have room for some pic's.

From your responses I see pic's of hickory bark baskets, football team photo's, perhaps an article from Sue to share and/or a pic of some of her collections, a fireplace, and turtle shell turkey calls just to name a few. Everyone likes looking at pictures:), so let's see your stuff.

While you are at it, tell us how long you have been doing whatever it is you do and how you got started doing it. What inspired you to collect, write, make or perform the hobbies you are involved in?

sbroadwell

Well, I worked all weekend on a couple of rods. Finished up the Loomis GLX for a customer (nice rod, but it should be for $350). Then, started a fiberglass crankbait rod. Don't have an order, just building it. I can always use another rod myself, but probably someone will buy it when it is finished.
I would like to have the time to get into some of the real fancy things on rods. Things like weaving. You can weave all sorts of pictures on a rod. This can take up to 100 hours to do a complicated one, though, and economically this doesn't make much sense. But, it would be fun.

bradpatt03

my hobbies are of course hunting and fishing as much as possible and everything that goes along with it...

aside from that...
4wheelers (until i sold mine recently :cry: )
wakeboarding
baseball/softball (church league)
golf (i try)
poker

here's the only picture i have of any of them...

Attachments

• me_wakeboarding.jpg
    me_wakeboarding.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 166

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Most everybody has seen my stone work. Here`s a buckskin shirt I made.

Attachments

• MVC-131F.JPG
    MVC-131F.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 161

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A closeup of the spider. I refuse to ever do any more beadwork.

Attachments

• MVC-132F.JPG
    MVC-132F.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 161

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A pair of mooseskin pucker-toe moccasins.

Attachments

• MVC-133F.JPG
    MVC-133F.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 160

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A small powderhorn for primin` my flintlock.

Attachments

• MVC-130F.JPG
    MVC-130F.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 152

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My hand drill friction fire set and my flint and steel set with a mooseskin pouch to carry it in.

Attachments

• MVC-134F.JPG
    MVC-134F.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 158

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A poplar bark basket laced together with hickory bark with a twined dogbane bark handle. This was the "5 gallon bucket" of the Indians and early American farmers.

Attachments

• MVC-135F.JPG
    MVC-135F.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 157