Format disk

So I have several different types of cameras and always switch my cards between them and haven’t had much issue until now. Have one cam I’ve been looking forward to checking and it’s telling me to format disk and if I do all the pictures on it will be deleted. Is there anyway to recover these pics? Did a search in here and someone said you can take it to Walmart? Have since bought new cards and plan on keeping them in same cams to hopefully prevent this in the future

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've had that happen when the card got full. No cure that I know of.

duckyaker90

Happened to me a few months ago. I left it in a bedding area since January. Pulled it back in September to refresh batteries and check card. Asked me to reformat card. I’ve ran cameras for a year with out checking without problems so I’m not sure what happened. 32g and 64g card will hold a few pictures.

rosewood

There is a free program you can download that will recover pictures on a card that have been deleted and if it it is quick formatted. I cannot remember what it was called, but I have used it successfully for a friend that accidently delete all vacation pictures from an SD card. Seems like it was called zero point recovery or something like that. The caveat is you have to run the program before it saves more pictures. Typically when you delete pics, all it does is remove the from the directory and they will be copied over when more pictures are taken. I think a full format may wipe it clean.

However, if it was just that cam saying to format, can you just take the card home and check the pictures on your computer? Use another card in the cam until you get them copied to be safe?

Rosewood

I have plugged the card into several different computers as well as a WiFi SIM card reader I have and they all say the same thing format disk. I have not formatted the disk because it says it will delete all pics. Should I just format the disk and then try to recover deleted pics or is there some other way? Anybody know?

rosewood

Now that you put it that way, I am not sure you can do anything with it. You can try quick format and then try the recovery program. I recently had this issue with a card and it wouldn't even format it. If the computer won't read it or format it, it is bad and is a loss.

Rosewood

transfixer

I've not had that problem with any of mine , does this only occur if you let the card get completely full of pictures ?

Hard to tell..pulled card at the hunt club and put a new one in..got home and put card in computer and won’t let me see anything without formatting disk..im assuming that’s what issue is

Do I need to format disk in computer before trying to run the wonder share photo recovery on the card?

Latest posts