forsyth county

Dawg90

Saw first chasing (4 ptr) of season yesterday evening.

Dawg90

Awful quiet out there. Anyone seeing anything? Having any luck?

Buckshot

Need 2 b n the woods!!!

The deer in S.Forsyth are wide open right now. Started a couple days ago and should be on for the next week. I have seen a shooter buck everytime I have been in the woods the past three days! Just after one particular buck. Haven't been able to close the deal on him. He's pretty slick!

swwifty

The deer in S.Forsyth are wide open right now. Started a couple days ago and should be on for the next week. I have seen a shooter buck everytime I have been in the woods the past three days! Just after one particular buck. Haven't been able to close the deal on him. He's pretty slick!

Out of curiosity what area of forsyth? I've been hunting cumming and haven't seen any shooters in the day yet or chasing.

GA DAWG

Its wide open in north Forsyth to. Best rutting action I've saw in yrs and yrs.

Buckshot

what area of forsyth do u hunt?

Out of curiosity what area of forsyth? I've been hunting cumming and haven't seen any shooters in the day yet or chasing.
Im just curious. I think we might be hunting the same bucks! They tend to cover some ground this time of year. Mostly S.Forsyth and N.Fulton. You gonna tell us where u hunt?

swwifty

Im just curious. I think we might be hunting the same bucks! They tend to cover some ground this time of year. Mostly S.Forsyth and N.Fulton. You gonna tell us where u hunt?

It's weird. The big bucks I was seeing on trail cams a few weeks ago, seem to have disappeared (I haven't seen them at all in the day anymore).

I hunt just southwest (a few miles) of Cumming on a 30 acre lot, that is a super thick bedding area.

GA DAWG

It seems as if its went south. Went from running everywhere to nothing this week. Weather and moon is playing a big part I guess. All the good deer must be locked down. Im getting no pics or nothing of them. Like the switch has been turned off.

swwifty

It seems as if its went south. Went from running everywhere to nothing this week. Weather and moon is playing a big part I guess. All the good deer must be locked down. Im getting no pics or nothing of them. Like the switch has been turned off.

Same. I think it has to do with the warm weather.

Lakrymator

The warm weather definitely has slowed things down. This is the big daddy I've been trying to hunt, but he hasn't been around for two weeks now. Anyone on here seen him? Looks like he got injured fighting another buck. You can see the wound on his neck and his eye looks like it got poked out. I hope the neighbors didn't kill him. ::ke:

Seems like all the bucks on my property have bad genetics with odd racks. I got one odd buck that is still hanging around with 5 points on one side and the other completely broken off, but his other side was odd before it broke off.

Attachments

• IMG_0447 (1).jpg
    IMG_0447 (1).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 522

swwifty

It looks like there might be a cold front coming in next week, so that would definitely be the time to be in the woods!

bany

Lak, was it a nine before? sounds like one that was around me. haven't seen the one in the pic. YOTES took down a yearling under my stand a few days ago, she is almost gone already. think I killed one, it ran off a bloody mess.

GA DAWG

I aint saw a buck since about last fri. Seeing very few does to. They have vanished. I blame the moon now :)

GA DAWG

Im gonna put some meat in the freezer hopefully starting thur morning. So yall hold your ears :D

Lakrymator

Lak, was it a nine before? sounds like one that was around me. haven't seen the one in the pic. YOTES took down a yearling under my stand a few days ago, she is almost gone already. think I killed one, it ran off a bloody mess.

No I don't think he was a 9 before, that left side was just odd and he has one sticker pointing off to the side that you can't see in that pic. Seems like most of the genetics are odd up here, and I'm on the north side of the county.

bany

nothing early today

GA DAWG

nothing early today
I shouldn't have declared today as starting of putting meat in freezer day. Dern. I only saw 3 way off. So does. Yall are safe again. :)

GA DAWG

I saw a great biggun at 12:05 in northwest end standing on side of rd. Monster! I dont know if anyone hunts in there or not. I hate to say rd name cause they might. Its close to a school.

Last edited:

swwifty

I saw a great biggun at 12:05 in northeast end standing on side of rd. Monster! I dont know if anyone hunts in there or not. I hate to say rd name cause they might. Its close to a school.

There's quite a few "bigguns" in Forsyth, so this really isn't a surprise.