Forsyth

Thread starter #1

Buckshot

Just seeing who else is hunting Forsyth county with me . I will be more than happy to pass along any updates of deer movements and rutting observed in and around Forsyth and N.Fulton . Past few years not too many posts about the area . Didn't know if I was just wasting my time or not?

I used to hunt a good bit in shake rag in the early 90's and then the development started. It officially got shut down for me about 8 years ago. I blame st.marlo. and old atlanta club.

bany

Me too. Still have an acre around town.
St Marlo is full of deer😡.

Been hunting my North Forsyth spot quite heavily in the morning. Have seen small bucks cruising, but does are still grouped up. No signs of the big boys yet.

I just moved to Forsyth and haven't been able to locate a hunting club? Its discouraging. I was told that a Jim Pirkle has a club in Forsyth but he lives in dawsonville. I haven't found anyone that knows him.

I just moved to Forsyth and haven't been able to locate a hunting club? Its discouraging. I was told that a Jim Pirkle has a club in Forsyth but he lives in dawsonville. I haven't found anyone that knows him.
I don’t know of any leases in Forsyth. I travel to Upson County for my club, and found some private land here in Forsyth.

This is a copy of my original post in the Deer Hunting Forum.

Has anyone seen any rut activity? I am new to Forsyth county (just moved from the statesboro area) and havent seen any rut activity at all. Usually this time in Bulloch County(were im from) things are starting to heat up -or is hot - by this time. I pulled my SD card this week and have 20-25 different young bucks and absolutely no does. All bucks still seem to be in their bachelor groups. Also, this is the first time i have ever had that many 1.5 - 2.5 year old bucks in the same area. Any big deer taken out of Forsyth county this year? How does this county compare to the rest of the state in regards to deer taken/size of deer? Any Info or links to info appreciated.

At one time a fella with a lot of land sold a permit to hunt his different areas. Not sure if it’s Jim or still happening. There is a club forum here.

Last edited:
This is a copy of my original post in the Deer Hunting Forum.

Has anyone seen any rut activity? I am new to Forsyth county (just moved from the statesboro area) and havent seen any rut activity at all. Usually this time in Bulloch County(were im from) things are starting to heat up -or is hot - by this time. I pulled my SD card this week and have 20-25 different young bucks and absolutely no does. All bucks still seem to be in their bachelor groups. Also, this is the first time i have ever had that many 1.5 - 2.5 year old bucks in the same area. Any big deer taken out of Forsyth county this year? How does this county compare to the rest of the state in regards to deer taken/size of deer? Any Info or links to info appreciated.
Forsyth deer march to their own beat. You should see bachelor groups disbanding now. You’ll hope you're in a spot the doe “migrate” to. THere are big bucks here. Sounds like you need to harvest a couple period.