Forsyth

GA DAWG

They start every year around the 15th with Thanksgiving week normally best for buck activity but my biggest deer have all came from first weekend in Dec. No different this yr. Besides my bigger deer came from mid October.

bany

Last 4 sits I saw one small buck walk by.

Thread starter #23

Buckshot

Wednesday morning rattled in three bucks. One of them I should have shot but didn't cause of a certain buck I am after. Thursday morning had two small bucks sparring at 10yds spike and 5pt. then had another buck come and bed down for an hour next to me. Saw two more 8pts cruising they were inside the ears. When I got down at noon I spooked the big one I am after just over the hill from stand on the way to work. Friday afternoon went for a short 2hr still hunt saw same two small bucks, was able to walk up on a herd of deer bedded down in the rain. Not much movement.

bany

Glad you have some around you!

bany

SAW 2 small bucks acting like it’s its november, A mature doe limping pretty good didn’t get close.

Thread starter #26

Buckshot

Saw some chasing this evening right before dark. Watched several small bucks feeding with no interest in the does. Right at dark saw a good buck chasing three does around in circles. It was too dark to get a shot. Maybe I can catch up with them in the morning. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

bany

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year y’all. Took a week off so I’ll get back out and see what’s happening.

Thread starter #28

Buckshot

I have a question . I hope someone can help me out on this. I looked at the game check results by county. It shows the private land results and the public land results. Where in forsyth county is there public land that you can use a firearm? Only public land I know of is the Lanier draw hunt and I thought that was bow only. Or do they allow shotguns?

bany

I thought they did a wheelchair hunt on Corp land. Not seeing any evidence for this season.

bany

Only a couple orphans in daylight, not much more on film at night.

bany

So what does anyone have to report on the coyote situation? I put lead in one and saw three total at my stand this season. One of particular interest because of its color, spent every hunt hoping to get it. Also there has been a pack living by Best Buy for awhile now.