Forsyth

Buckshot

Just seeing who else is hunting Forsyth county with me . I will be more than happy to pass along any updates of deer movements and rutting observed in and around Forsyth and N.Fulton . Past few years not too many posts about the area . Didn't know if I was just wasting my time or not?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I used to hunt a good bit in shake rag in the early 90's and then the development started. It officially got shut down for me about 8 years ago. I blame st.marlo. and old atlanta club.

bany

Me too. Still have an acre around town.
St Marlo is full of deer?.

bw561737

Been hunting my North Forsyth spot quite heavily in the morning. Have seen small bucks cruising, but does are still grouped up. No signs of the big boys yet.

sps1969

I just moved to Forsyth and haven't been able to locate a hunting club? Its discouraging. I was told that a Jim Pirkle has a club in Forsyth but he lives in dawsonville. I haven't found anyone that knows him.

bw561737

I just moved to Forsyth and haven't been able to locate a hunting club? Its discouraging. I was told that a Jim Pirkle has a club in Forsyth but he lives in dawsonville. I haven't found anyone that knows him.
I don’t know of any leases in Forsyth. I travel to Upson County for my club, and found some private land here in Forsyth.

sps1969

10-4. Even a surrounding county would be great. The WMA is killing me. Hunters walk right underneath you.

Joe EC

Try Henderson Mountain Hunting club. Just north of Canton on the Cherokee Pickens line.
Club # 770-735-3339

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Try Henderson Mountain Hunting club. Just north of Canton on the Cherokee Pickens line.
Club # 770-735-3339
Let's see some pictures of the bucks off of the club. How many acres/members??

Kearndog

This is a copy of my original post in the Deer Hunting Forum.

Has anyone seen any rut activity? I am new to Forsyth county (just moved from the statesboro area) and havent seen any rut activity at all. Usually this time in Bulloch County(were im from) things are starting to heat up -or is hot - by this time. I pulled my SD card this week and have 20-25 different young bucks and absolutely no does. All bucks still seem to be in their bachelor groups. Also, this is the first time i have ever had that many 1.5 - 2.5 year old bucks in the same area. Any big deer taken out of Forsyth county this year? How does this county compare to the rest of the state in regards to deer taken/size of deer? Any Info or links to info appreciated.

bany

At one time a fella with a lot of land sold a permit to hunt his different areas. Not sure if it’s Jim or still happening. There is a club forum here.

Last edited:

bany

This is a copy of my original post in the Deer Hunting Forum.

Has anyone seen any rut activity? I am new to Forsyth county (just moved from the statesboro area) and havent seen any rut activity at all. Usually this time in Bulloch County(were im from) things are starting to heat up -or is hot - by this time. I pulled my SD card this week and have 20-25 different young bucks and absolutely no does. All bucks still seem to be in their bachelor groups. Also, this is the first time i have ever had that many 1.5 - 2.5 year old bucks in the same area. Any big deer taken out of Forsyth county this year? How does this county compare to the rest of the state in regards to deer taken/size of deer? Any Info or links to info appreciated.
Forsyth deer march to their own beat. You should see bachelor groups disbanding now. You’ll hope you're in a spot the doe “migrate” to. THere are big bucks here. Sounds like you need to harvest a couple period.

bany

Well rut is over, most of the mature doe are dead! Time to fish or chase ducks.

bany

I must have done that when I was taking a nap! Sorry!
I’ll check the harvest report, thanks.

bany

I believe I was spot on before. Son got a nice buck Sunday after thanksgiving, no swollen neck no musk. No more scrapes,no more following.

Buckshot

They started up around the 15th of November (first daytime pics of really big deer). They've been chasing for past two weeks. Winding down now. Today I heard some chasing bout 100yards away out of sight, seen a few does no bucks. Yesterday I rattled in a shooter at daylight let him walk 125+ . Saw 7 bucks 6 does from daylight to 2pm. One four on one side the other side broke off following two young does this years. After rattling in the 125+ 8 or 9pt he came back by about an hour later chasing a die both ways. Close to noon saw a nice buck chasing a die, he stopped at field edge, I was able to call him to within 50yds using some clicking and short weeze. When I thought all was quiet I was leaving the woods and turned for one last look and saw two more bucks one good one and one small skinny horned 8pt just wondering around about 100yds away. I tried to get within range of them for a shot at the good one. They just seemed to disappear. Anyway they still rutting . Find the yearling does and there will be some action. Should be good around Xmas too! Good luck everybody and merry xmas! One of my hit list bucks was taken the other day by Austin stovall. See gon truck buck forsyth. The buck was killed about two miles in a straight line from where I hunt. It pays to be in the woods because a buck from miles away could cross your path that you have never seen before looking for does.

bany

Interesting, we can’t too be far from each other buckshot. Total opposite around me, Maybe the bucks moved out! I’m sure the heat will be back on soon too.
Merry Christmas and have fun out there!