Fort Stewart Hunting and Govt Shutdown

base3448

Thread starter #1
Noticed on the Fort Stewart area status sheet that the area sheets only go to today??????? Does anyone know if you can still hunt, or not posting area sheets anymore?

Bama B

Thats the question of the day. It dont look good. So we will have to see. The call in system was down again about 20 minutes ago.

base3448

Thread starter #3
I guess if the callin line worked, you could check the status of an area for tomorrow, thru the phone, instead of it being posted on flicker????? Hate to drive and get turned around.

mcarge

Last I heard it was shutdown until further notice; I cannot confirm but hoping that he was wrong! Things were just starting to pick up

Bama B

Just found another thread with the current area status sheets. Also some alternative numbers. So maybe there is a chance hunt stewart tommorrow

Bama B

The automated system is working. I plan on trying to hunt in C13 this evening I will let you know if will not let me in or not

base3448

Thread starter #11
Oct 9th 0430-0600, went to Stewart this morning to do alittle hog hunting with this cool weather, tried to log into the system all night, nothing. Tried to log into the system on the way there, nothing. Tried the phone on the wall, numerous times, nothing. Wasted hour trip.

Does anyone know a number that works????

Sign on the bulletin board says, phone system down from midnight sept ?? to October 1st for end of year reports.

Bama B

I hate to hear that. Next time try the alternate number. 912-767-0465. Its working. I had problems with the 0202 number last weekend and used the 0465 to check in and out.

Bama B

Way to go. Hopefully this cooler weather will stay. I am hopeing to hunt this weekend in the c areas. Saw a lot of sign. Not finding to many acorns yet.

base3448

Thread starter #16
Me to, will be out Saturday. I hope they post and update the flickrn site with area stats sheets. Do you know how to get them another way?

I never hunted the c areas, I went in by boat and looked at c-17 a month ago, it was so thick, could not find a archery spot

Check with the MWR at Hunter AAF. They seen to always get it before Stewart post it. Hunter Pass permit moved to the MWR. Not sure what the number is. Sorry