Found good bear sign, how should I hunt the area

WoodlandScout82

So I went scouting at Cohutta last week and found this in a creek bottom in the middle of a huge stand of white oaks. The tree was tore up all the way to the top (and it was a BIG tree). I'm all geared up for the firearms hunt in october. The acorns were just barely starting to fall so my question is: Do you guys think this will be a productive area? My scouting time is always very limited and I wish I had more time to go explore more, but my schedule just won't allow it. This is about a mile off the road.
IMG_20180914_222401_388.jpg

ddd-shooter

Trees that produce early get hit hard quickly. If he's already climbing that tree, don't be surprised if you come back in October and that stand of trees has been eaten dry. I've seen bear climb the white oaks, break every reachable limb out, and eat most of the acorns and move on.

jbogg

You have found a good starting point when you return in October. By that time a lot of the acorns should be on the ground so the Bears won’t likely be doing as much climbing so look for multiple fresh piles of scat in one area and then sit tight.

WoodlandScout82

Trees that produce early get hit hard quickly. If he's already climbing that tree, don't be surprised if you come back in October and that stand of trees has been eaten dry. I've seen bear climb the white oaks, break every reachable limb out, and eat most of the acorns and move on.
I hope theres enough trees in that area to keep them busy, the stand is probably 100 yards wide and at Least 1/4 mile long. Old growth very tall trees that fill a creek bottom with an old overgrown road that follows the branch. I have my fingers crossed!