Found in Emanuel County

Swamprat

Swamprat
IMG_0381.jpegIMG_0380.jpegIMG_0380.jpeg
Found this 8 barely in our property

Looks like quartering shoulder shot with exit toward back end of guts on opposite side during muzzleloader

If you have shot it or know who did in Emanuel County they can PM me

Gonna tie up the antlers so they don’t get drug off

Swamprat

Swamprat
Forgot to add that buzzards have just got on him

Will be around till midday Sunday and then back Thursday to Sunday next week

fullstrut

Kudos to you for helping a lucky/unlucky hunter out.

buckpasser

I found a big 10 pt dead once and got many many responses about it. I guess most of us have “the one that got away”.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Well that’s a shame ! Good on you for trying to find the shooter .
How far did he make it from the property line ?

He was about 30 feet in our property line which is also our trail road to the gate, probably within 100’ of gate

Pulled in midday and saw a bunch of buzzards and then saw him

Think he got shot on a power line about 4-500 yards from us and got into about 100 acres or so of 5-6 year old planted pines that abuts us. The pines are as thick as molasses and would be a tough human track. Dog probably easy

Just trying to do right…could be a kids first deer or biggest, first time muzzy hunter or seasoned hunter who just shot his biggest buck….never know

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
He was about 30 feet in our property line which is also our trail road to the gate, probably within 100’ of gate

Pulled in midday and saw a bunch of buzzards and then saw him

Think he got shot on a power line about 4-500 yards from us and got into about 100 acres or so of 5-6 year old planted pines that abuts us. The pines are as thick as molasses and would be a tough human track. Dog probably easy

Just trying to do right…could be a kids first deer or biggest, first time muzzy hunter or seasoned hunter who just shot his biggest buck….never know
Leave a not on their gate. Big ones like that didn’t get that way with out being tuff.

Swamprat

Swamprat
We go through a gate which they don’t have access to and go between 2 properties to get to our gate.

We are landlocked but have a filed ingress/egress easement

Could leave a note on the box stand where I think he was shot

Swamprat

Swamprat
Will say for our area which is not the best of habitat he is a pretty good buck

Little bloated but would guess around 170-180 pounds, around 15” inside and probably 4.5 based on what we see and kill

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dang he was a nice buck too. Good on you for trying to do right! Hopefully the bummed out shooter will see this.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Talked to a few locals of the property and they are reaching out but they had not heard anything of a good deer shot and not recovered