Found my new favorite fishing hole.

aznflycaster

The river was gonna be real hard to fish today with the 15 to 25 mph winds that were forecasted, last time we tried that the river white capped and it really was bad. So today we decided to fish a local creek within 15 mins of the house to keep out of the wind, I have wanted to fish this creek for years with the kayak and have made plans before but never got around to it. The scenery was awesome the small water was very calm and relaxing. Were used to people on the river walk asking you crazy questions, trash everywhere, and noise from the city get annoying. So the paddle up, explore, and float back trip in the country provided some decent large mouths and a bunch of little annoying bream that kept us busy. Here a few scenery and fish pics that were taken today. Definitely will be going back to this little hole.
DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

Yes there will be many trips back that was a good decision cause we would've have had a heck of a time in the open water.. Maybe next time I can manage to get a lot more than I did!

Randy

There use to be some shoalies there.

aznflycaster

I have heard that there was a small population of shoal bass in the (creek with no name due to fishing pressure) Hopefully soon I will be able to produce a few. For the few that know this stretch, the take out will be at the bridge before the drop and lake the put in will be 4.5 mile up at the next bridge. Question is what is the average depth and is the creek ever dry enough to not make the trip due to dragging the kayaks?

aznflycaster

Yes there will be many trips back that was a good decision cause we would've have had a heck of a time in the open water.. Maybe next time I can manage to get a lot more than I did!

Glad you finally kicked that skunk towards the end, looking foward to the float instead of another paddle up.

Randy

I have heard that there was a small population of shoal bass in the (creek with no name due to fishing pressure) Hopefully soon I will be able to produce a few. For the few that know this stretch, the take out will be at the bridge before the drop and lake the put in will be 4.5 mile up at the next bridge. Question is what is the average depth and is the creek ever dry enough to not make the trip due to dragging the kayaks?
There is no gauge for that creek. I have never been there when there was not enough water but I have never been there in the heat of summer either.