Fox Squirrels Making a Comeback?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I killed one in Ohio when I was a kid. They're red, like a fox up there. I've only killed one in ga. It's the grey with black head variety. Ive been seeing quite a few in Walton county lately. Had one in he driveway at a jobsite last week

Mark K

Banned
We have an over abundance of them where I hunt. One of my bottom stands has more Fox squirrels than Greys. They all are about to get thinned out. When you have 6 Fox squirrels fighting with 6 Grey squirrels it creates quite a ruckus. I’ve seen fox squirrels climb up in a trough type feeder and run the deer off. That’s when it’s time to thin the herd, lol.

Wayne D Davis

Ive seen more this season than ever....red, blonde, solid black. I bet I seen 20 this year. I think they are on a come back.

ssmith

Got plenty where I hunt . Three color phases . Grey , black, and tan or fox color. Had one mounted last year . Could count on seeing one at 10 am during deer season .

hambone76

I’ve seen two on my lease land in Carroll County in eight years.
We were covered up in them on my old club in Macon County.

HIGH COUNTRY

I have seen more this year than in recent past years, was lucky enough to see two small solid black ones along with a larger grey with black head one in small pecan trees right by the road.

Had a beautiful one come up and start eating some corn near a deer stand last sunday am, makes me want to get a real camera to take cool pics like that.

I shot a couple when I was real young, but they will get a pass today.

I had a widlife artist here in SW ga carve one out of wood and place on a wooden log, I like that just as much as a mounted one prob better actually.

If anyone wants info, he is very reasonable and I will give you his contact info if you send me a private message (I have two bobwhite quail, an owl, a baby fawn, and the fox squirell by this artist)... Trying to figure out what I want for the next piece of work.