Fox Squirrels

splatek

UAEC
I was out looking at a new piece of archery only land to hunt for deer yesterday. Didn't see any deer, tons of sign, but not deer. What I did see were some really rambunctious fox squirrels. I saw three total. seemed to be fighting up and down a few trees. Ain't gonna lie, when I hear the rucous, I thought it might be a big old buck. Anyhow, One was red, typical I guess. The second was all black. And the third had a redish brown body and a black head. I thought about taking a shot with my crossbow, but didn't have any small game heads. Strange, because I almost always keep at least one in my quiver. Anyhow, it was cool seeing them run around and fight. Really awesome little critters. I hear they taste "ok" too....

Hillbilly stalker

There not really fighting, their rutting. The game of love. They taste fine, cut the little gland out of their arm pits before you cook them. The boars will smell like a rutting buck sometimes. Check your regulation book, they are protected on state land in SC, don't know about there.

Latest posts