Christian Ministry Offers Free Fishing Trips on Lanier

LittleDrummerBoy

Life Connection Cowboy Church is offering free fishing trips on Lake Lanier beginning immediately. Fishing falls under God's blessing to "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” (Genesis 1:28) As a result, we've had a lot of fishing success when we remember to pray and seek God's favor.

Our fleet of boats tends to be small (16 feet), so in addition to the boat captain, we can only accommodate 2 adult guests (or 1 adult and two smaller children) on each trip. Our staff is skilled, and we've averaged a catch rate of over 1 fish per hour in 2019 and over 2 fish per hour so far in July. Anglers need to be physically capable of getting into and out of our small aluminum boats and fishing from a small aluminum boat for several hours.

Precision trolling is working very well right now and is the approach we expect to continue using until it slows down, when we may switch back to live bait which worked very well in April and May. We catch mostly a mix of spotted bass and stripers trolling. Live bait adds a share of channel catfish to the mix.

We have all the needed fishing equipment. Guests need only provide their own valid GA fishing license and items needed for their comfort (sunscreen, snacks, drinks, etc.) We do require guests to wear life jackets at all times in the boat, and we have several for you to choose from. We need advance notice if an unusual size of life jacket is required (child, etc.) Children need to be accompanied by a parent or by a responsible adult with the approval of a parent or guardian. Smoking, drinking, and illegal drug use is not permitted on our boats. Those appearing to be under the influence or incapable of safely fishing with us will be denied entry onto our boats or immediately returned to the dock. Our techniques tend to be amenable to anglers with little or no fishing experience.

Until after Labor Day, we have a strong preference to fish in the morning, leaving the Balus Creek boat ramp at the crack of dawn. We catch a lot of fish in the first hour, so late arrivals usually mean a more challenging day fishing. We don't usually stay out past noon and often wrap up earlier. After Labor Day, we'll begin scheduling some afternoon trips, but we aim to be safely back at the boat ramp before dark. All legal fish will be kept, cleaned by the captain, and offered to our guests to take home. Fish kept but not taken by guests will be given to needy families in our church community or occasionally used for a church fish fry.

Weekend dates are at a premium, so contact me to make your reservation early.

These fishing trips are a ministry of Life Connection Cowboy Church, but open to all regardless of faith. We will pray briefly before we depart and you may be (gently) invited to church. You will not be asked for money, nor will any compensation be accepted for the fishing trip or services provided. Contact me via PM for more info or to exchange more detailed contact info. (I prefer email for most arrangements after the initial expression of interest via private message.)

Dates:
5 October (Saturday) Open
10 October (Thursday) Open
12 October (Saturday) AM Booked; PM Open
17 October (Thursday) Open
19 October (Saturday) AM Booked; PM Open
24 October (Thursday) Open
26 October (Saturday) Open
31 October (Thursday) Open
Navy Vet With Striper.jpg
Pastor Bob Striper.jpgDr C with Big Striper and Little Drummer Boy.jpg

Last edited:

specialk

that is mighty nice!

LittleDrummerBoy

Life Connection Cowboy Church in Flowery Branch is offering free fishing trips on Lake Lanier beginning immediately. Our fleet of boats tends to be small (16 feet), so in addition to the boat captain, we can only accommodate 2 adult guests (or 1 adult and two smaller children) on each trip. Our staff is skilled, and we've averaged a catch rate of over 1 fish per hour in 2019 and over 2 fish per hour so far in July. Anglers need to be physically capable of getting into and out of our small aluminum boats and fishing from a small aluminum boat for several hours.

Precision trolling is working very well right now and is the approach we expect to continue using until it slows down, when we may switch back to live bait which worked very well in April and May. We catch mostly a mix of spots and stripers trolling. Live bait adds a share of channel catfish to the mix.

We have all the needed fishing equipment. Guests need only provide their own valid GA fishing license and items needed for their comfort (sunscreen, snacks, drinks, etc.) We do require guests to wear life jackets at all times in the boat, and we have several for you to choose from. We need advance notice if an unusual size of life jacket is required (child, etc.) Children need to be accompanied by a parent or by a responsible adult with the approval of a parent or guardian. Smoking, drinking, and illegal drug use is not permitted on our boats. Those appearing to be under the influence or incapable of safely fishing with us will be denied entry onto our boats or immediately returned to the dock. Our techniques tend to be amenable to anglers with little or no fishing experience.

Until after Labor Day, we have a strong preference to fish in the morning, leaving the Balus Creek boat ramp at the crack of dawn. We catch a lot of fish in the first hour, so late arrivals usually mean a more challenging day fishing. We don't usually stay out past noon and often wrap up earlier. After Labor Day, we'll begin scheduling some afternoon trips, but we aim to be safely back at the boat ramp before dark. All legal fish will be kept, cleaned by the captain, and offered to our guests to take home. Fish kept but not taken by guests will be given to needy families in our church community or occasionally used for a church fish fry.

Weekend dates are at a premium, so contact me to make your reservation early. Priority scheduling will be given to active service members and veterans of the US military. Reservations for non-military and non-veterans should not be considered finalized until guests receive an email or text a couple days before the scheduled trip (ie Wed night for a Sat trip.) Reservations for military and veterans may be considered finalized as soon as they are made. (Subject only to weather and unforeseen circumstances.)

These fishing trips are a ministry of Life Connection Cowboy Church, but open to all regardless of faith. We will pray briefly before we depart and you may be (gently) invited to church. You will not be asked for money, nor will any compensation be accepted for the fishing trip or services provided. Contact me via PM for more info or to exchange more detailed contact info. (I prefer email for most arrangements after the initial expression of interest via private message.)
View attachment 977250
View attachment 977251View attachment 977252

As it happens, we're booked for three of the next four Saturdays, but still open for one. We're also open for a number of weekday mornings over the next month. PM me and reserve your spot!

Sat, July 27 Booked
Sat, Aug 3 Booked
Sat, Aug 10 Booked
Sat, Aug 17 Open
Sat, Aug 24 Booked
Sat, Aug 31 Open

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

A talented angler from GON put 5 nice spots in the boat last Saturday. There's still an open spot this Saturday. PM me for a reservation!
C Killmaster1.jpg

LittleDrummerBoy

Put 5 more in the boat today in about 3 hours. PM me for reservations!
J Fishing w Bass.jpg

LittleDrummerBoy

A happy angler as the Lord answered our prayers and we put 7 fish in the boat today. We also discovered a hot new area catching 4 of those fish in the last 20 minutes or so after a slow morning in our usual places. I have openings this Thursday and this Saturday morning. PM me for reservations.

UPDATE:
Sat, Aug 10 Booked
Sat, Aug 17 Open
Sat, Aug 24 Booked
Sat, Aug 31 Open

MM Fishing 1.jpg

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Bump for a sweet thread!

Good job Drummer! Flat out awesome what you guys are doing!

PM me and I may be able to help put more fish in your boats. I fish Lanier weekly and know Lanier pretty good.

LittleDrummerBoy

The Lord answered our prayers, and these talented anglers put 7 spots and a striper in the boat last weekend. This Saturday is still open, and we're also going to start taking reservations for weekday evenings (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday). PM me for reservations.

Sat, Aug 17 Booked
Sat, Aug 24 Booked
Sat, Aug 31 Open

Ozzy1.jpg

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Our precision trolling techniques are still producing well on Lanier. Our guest didn't want their picture on the internet, so I held a couple of the bass and they took the picture. We have some open dates next weekend.
31 August (Saturday) Booked
2 September (Monday) Open
7 September (Saturday) Booked
14 September (Saturday) Open
21 September (Saturday) Booked
28 September (Saturday) Open

LDB with Spotted Bass.jpg

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Booked for tomorrow, but Monday morning is still open. PM me for reservations!

LittleDrummerBoy

Dates:
22 September (Sunday) Open
26 September (Thursday) Booked
28 September (Saturday) Open
3 October (Thursday) Open
5 October (Saturday) Open
10 October (Thursday) Open
12 October (Saturday) AM Booked; PM Open
17 October (Thursday) Open
19 October (Saturday) AM Booked; PM Open
24 October (Thursday) Open
26 October (Saturday) Open
31 October (Thursday) Open

Since July, our trolling techniques have produced mostly spotted bass, but stripers seem to be starting to turn on in the last couple weeks. If you can make it in the morning, fishing tends to be a bit better, the weather is cooler, and there is less boat traffic. But since Labor Day is behind us now, we are accepting reservations for afternoon trips also with availability most days of the week. My boat, the Little Drummer Boy, is 30-0 and has not been skunked in 2019. PM me for reservations!

Attachments

• Dr C with Big Striper and Little Drummer Boy 4.jpg
    Dr C with Big Striper and Little Drummer Boy 4.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Unless it is a very warm fall, we'll probably wrap up the 2019 fishing season on 1 November. We're 30-0 so far this year, perhaps the longest stretch of my life without being skunked. The Lord is answering our prayers, and stripers are beginning to turn back on in the areas we fish. Available dates are listed below, including this Sunday. We don't usually fish Sundays due to my service on the worship team at church and other duties, but I am available this Sunday. PM me for reservations.

Balus Creek Stripers.JPG

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

I have no idea why some days we catch more stripers, some days more spots, and today more catfish. We just run the lures at the depth we mark fish on the sonar. We're 32-0 this year with a nice mixed bag today. I do know you won't catch anything at home on the couch. So PM me and let's go fishing.

Mixed Bag 26 Sep.JPG

Last edited: