Fresh push of ducks in Coastal Louisiana

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Lots of haters in here lol....nice hunt!

dfhooked

The push was fog today. Thick as a brick till around 830. No new push of ducks but we took our time and managed a two man limit by 1030. 3gwt, 3bwt,4 greys, 1 pintail and a mottled. Anyone thinking of heading this way, I would not recommend it unless you also like to fish and then come on cause it’s awesome. Lots of factors working against us this year on the birds, mainly the over abundance of water up the flyway and lack of weather. 3B710B14-9D1E-4CB9-A20F-FEE1AF72E2C5.jpeg824D43F8-DD12-4B32-ABBB-4B61268E5451.jpeg1897BC3D-6728-4019-B1C0-D590B07BE8CA.jpegA0A59B20-3A25-4CD0-B7B8-534B2FB44FDC.jpeg

MudDucker

Staff member
Was there over the weekend. Ducks were everywhere we scouted Friday. Saturday, everybody with a duck boat was in the area and the ducks started scattering out and moving. When we left Monday, it was a sad morning with fog making the crossing very interesting and then few ducks. Cap that off with two fools in two boats running and gunning coots about the time the big ducks normally started coming in.

Note to self, do like everyone else and ignore the 36hp mud motor limit. Outboard is not the way to go down there. That is all.

kevbo3333

Was there over the weekend. Ducks were everywhere we scouted Friday. Saturday, everybody with a duck boat was in the area and the ducks started scattering out and moving. When we left Monday, it was a sad morning with fog making the crossing very interesting and then few ducks. Cap that off with two fools in two boats running and gunning coots about the time the big ducks normally started coming in.

Note to self, do like everyone else and ignore the 36hp mud motor limit. Outboard is not the way to go down there. That is all.
Where do you see a 36 hp mud motor limit rule? I’ve never headd of any such rule in SELA. It’s either internal combustion restricted (NWR) or air cooled motors off limits in the afternoons (WMA) or no motor regulations at all ( parish of private land)

MudDucker

Staff member
Its in the regs. They added that last year. Seems I am the only one who saw those or paid attention to them. The 2pm limit seemed to be obeyed. We were not on parish land or private land. We were in the state/fed wma.

kevbo3333

Its in the regs. They added that last year. Seems I am the only one who saw those or paid attention to them. The 2pm limit seemed to be obeyed. We were not on parish land or private land. We were in the state/fed wma.

Wow I just read the rules, I had no idea pass a loutre added the 36 hp rule. Is this the first year they added it? Seems like they would have made it 37 hp but either way I don’t see them enforcing that to strictly.