Friday cooking

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Beautiful!
I'll be smashing some burgers.

chobrown

Man I bet that's gone be delicious

Dub

Slab is looking good enough to eat already, @dfhooked .

Tuesday night at work we had a little cook at work. On of my guys brought in some venison skewers that he tossed on the grill and we destroyed them as a grill side appetizer.

Really tasty. He gave me the basic recipe.... I mostly had the ingredients on-hand. I stopped at the store on the way home from work this morning and grabbed the stuff I didn't have. Subbed in a sirloin steak for the deer meat.....also didn't give it the soak time that he recommend due to wanting them this afternoon.

Coals fired up and rolling along.....just waiting on my bride to get home from work.

Heck....these things smell good enough to eat raw, lol. Hope they are at least 1/2 as good as those on Tuesday.

I'm going to be doing some easy boneless yardbird, too.

Doctored up some sauce for the shicken.....SBR Mustard BBQ Sauce + ACV + course ground pepper.

Nursing a couple ice cold Yuenglings and relaxing a sore back by sitting in the hot sun and enjoying the afternoon.

Not a care in the world.....kicking off a relaxing weekend.

Quick trip across the hot grates and it was gametime.

Wife & I put a hurting on these things. 3 skewers leftover for breakfast omelets for tomorrow morning.

Yardbird over the coals now.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that's all looking good!

I'm working on some sweet and sour pork.

Marinating in soy sauce, garlic, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper, ginger, and such.

Dub

Shicken rolling along with the mustard sauce on it.

Served it up with some little trees cooked with butter, mozzarella & Crystal Garlic hot sauce.

Funny results.......I love most mustards....and wife despises them.

I still can't stand mustard sauce on my bbq.......yet.....wife went fool over this stuff and wanted seconds with extra sauce.

I have no idea how this happens.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Slab is looking good enough to eat already, @dfhooked .

Tuesday night at work we had a little cook at work. On of my guys brought in some venison skewers that he tossed on the grill and we destroyed them as a grill side appetizer.

Really tasty. He gave me the basic recipe.... I mostly had the ingredients on-hand. I stopped at the store on the way home from work this morning and grabbed the stuff I didn't have. Subbed in a sirloin steak for the deer meat.....also didn't give it the soak time that he recommend due to wanting them this afternoon.

Coals fired up and rolling along.....just waiting on my bride to get home from work.

Heck....these things smell good enough to eat raw, lol. Hope they are at least 1/2 as good as those on Tuesday.

I'm going to be doing some easy boneless yardbird, too.

Doctored up some sauce for the shicken.....SBR Mustard BBQ Sauce + ACV + course ground pepper.

Nursing a couple ice cold Yuenglings and relaxing a sore back by sitting in the hot sun and enjoying the afternoon.

Not a care in the world.....kicking off a relaxing weekend.

Quick trip across the hot grates and it was gametime.

Wife & I put a hurting on these things. 3 skewers leftover for breakfast omelets for tomorrow morning.

Yardbird over the coals now.
Oh my.

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Shicken rolling along with the mustard sauce on it.

Served it up with some little trees cooked with butter, mozzarella & Crystal Garlic hot sauce.

Funny results.......I love most mustards....and wife despises them.

I still can't stand mustard sauce on my bbq.......yet.....wife went fool over this stuff and wanted seconds with extra sauce.

I have no idea how this happens.
Yes.

ryork

8-10 (1).jpg8-10 (2).jpg8-10 (3).jpg8-10 (4).jpg8-10 (5).jpg
Friday night surf and turf................. I'm as full as a tick!!!

NY Strip and Lobster Tail on the grill, some garlic, thyme, butter taters, some shiitake shrooms roasted with olive oil, butter, garlic and thyme, and a salad.

Wife said she didn't want a steak, just a lobster tail. Kids were out and about tonight, so have some steak left to cook later!

Dub

View attachment 939598View attachment 939599View attachment 939600View attachment 939602View attachment 939603

NY Strip and Lobster Tail on the grill, some garlic, thyme, butter taters, some shiitake shrooms roasted with olive oil, butter, garlic and thyme, and a salad.

Wife said she didn't want a steak, just a lobster tail. Kids were out and about tonight, so have some steak left to cook later!

Lawd have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!

Cravings flung !!!!!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Excellent looking fare tonite gentlemen. Dub- that yard bird made me drool a little

dfhooked

View attachment 939598View attachment 939599View attachment 939600View attachment 939602View attachment 939603

Looks excellent man as always. How’s that trim tab beer? Heck of a name for sure. I love seeing local beers you can’t get out of region. If we ever put together a Big cook together it should be mandatory to bring 2 cases of your region micro brews to sample with food!!!

VANCE

2v2JqYnENxurAoi.jpg