Friday night flavors.......whatcha rolling with ????

Dub

Hoping everyone has had a good week and all is well in their world.

Got some uber-simple eats done here.

A while back my wife went to visit her best friend/cousin. They grew up close to each other and were childhood friends and have stayed close their whole lives.

My wife came home from the trip and was talking highly about some of the meals they had. Her cousin is truly a great cook and I've had my knees up under her table on a few occasions and walked away full as a tick and grinning.

One of the meals my bride talked about the most was some sketti they had. Come to find out it was simply Hamburger Helper Spaghetti.

I searched far and wide at the local stores to find this stuff. None had it. Amazon came through. Had to buy a dang case of it.....but I was ready to rock 'n roll when the time was right.

Wife asked me to make it verbatim as per the instructions. It took everything I had to not tamper with the ingredients......but I poured a couple Yuengling Lights and let it ride as per.

She was happy and I was enthused that next season's ground venison will be used with a slice or two of bacon in the same box mixes and all will be well.

Hoping all is well in yer haciendas and weekend relaxations come yer way pronto.

Whatcha go brewing, smoking, cooking, etc ???????

bilgerat

Senior
I forgot to take a pic, I had a broiled blackened sea bass fillet. steamed veggy mix [birdseye stir fry blend] and a small side salad with light ranch dressing.. Im starting to enjoy this low cholesterol diet!!!

ugajay

That helper looks outstanding ? I whipped up a meal for the wife this evening. Pan seared some sliced chicken breasts, seasoned with onion powder, basil and oregano. Put that over some pasta, added a little pesto, alfredo, and parmesan. Added in some sauteed zucchini and broccoli. Wife had a bowl. I had two.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lookin' good, y'all!
We hit the kitchen tonight and made up some Philly cheesesteaks with homemade kettle chips. It was quite edible.

philly.jpg

Dub

I'd be all over that hamburger helper.

We had popeye's chicken. Wasn't bad.

Man, it's been a coon's age since I had some Popeye's. I've always liked their chicken.

The reason it's been so long is that it's across town and I have to pass two Bojangle's and a Wifesavers to get to it. Bo's is about my favorite fried chicken and on occasion they can throwdown at Wifesavers.

I almost forgot to take a pic again.
View attachment 963071

That looks all kinds of delicious !!!!

I forgot to take a pic, I had a broiled blackened sea bass fillet. steamed veggy mix [birdseye stir fry blend] and a small side salad with light ranch dressing.. Im starting to enjoy this low cholesterol diet!!!

That sounds really flavorful. Love some fish. Those birdseye steamers are an easy way to kick up some really good sides in a hurry.

That helper looks outstanding ? I whipped up a meal for the wife this evening. Pan seared some sliced chicken breasts, seasoned with onion powder, basil and oregano. Put that over some pasta, added a little pesto, alfredo, and parmesan. Added in some sauteed zucchini and broccoli. Wife had a bowl. I had two.

Sounds great.

You just can't go wrong with onion powder, basil & oregano !!!!! Basil makes everything better. (y)

Lookin' good, y'all!
We hit the kitchen tonight and made up some Philly cheesesteaks with homemade kettle chips. It was quite edible.

View attachment 963077

Outstanding !!!!!!!!

Insane looking sammich & chips there. You are the Spud Meister.

I gave the homerolled chips a try and loved 'em. Super idea.

I was so dang hungry I forget to take a pic, but I ended up with the Allstar over easy from WH. Man you bout have to take out a second mortgage to eat there. Specially when you're paying for 6 to eat. :eek:

I know what you mean, man.

I made the mistake of taking my tribe plus a couple more to iHop recently.

Barely escaped that meal with the shirt on my back. They serve up stupid quantities of food on every order. Nobody can eat all of their meals. Wasted $$$. Then they burn you a new one on every juice refill, too.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Lookin Good Y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dub