Friendly Reminder

GoldDot40

I know we all get busy and routine maintenance usually doesn't cross our minds. The days/weeks have been just miserable hot. Our central HVAC systems have been working overtime. Take the time to inspect and change the system's filter to help that AC not work so hard. You can thank me later.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
10-4, changed mine about 2 months ago-6 month filter.

DannyW

Had my 20 year old units replaced a couple years ago. The new air handlers have a 4" box for the filter. The technician told me that with 4" filters, I only need to change them once a year.

You agree?

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Same thing I have DannyW. Change em yearly and everything seems fine

GoldDot40

Had my 20 year old units replaced a couple years ago. The new air handlers have a 4" box for the filter. The technician told me that with 4" filters, I only need to change them once a year.

You agree?
That all depends on several variables. How dusty is your house for instance? Never hurts to slide it out and take a look at it at least every 3 or 4 months....plus it doesn't cost anything to jusy check it. I checked mine yesterday...which prompted me to make this thread. It was only 6 months old and pretty filthy. My house is only 1.5 years old and the wife keeps it extremely clean....but that filter was a little beyond my desired condition.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Good advice here!
A/C got to keep workin' cause fat people smell funny when they get wet.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

You agree?

Ours is a once/year but we get a Spring inspection and a Fall inspection and they replace the filter each time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

NOYDB

BANNED
Big believer in PM. Plus do not believe you can keep things too clean.

Remember the recommendations are what they think will look good so you will buy their product.
Inspect and then decide.

Cmp1

BANNED
10-4, changed mine about 2 months ago-6 month filter.

The problem with the 3m filters is that they cut down on the airflow, I personally would recommend that you use the cheap filters and change them every month,,,,, less load on the system,,,, AC is all about airflow,,,,,,