FROG LEGS ?

Big7

The Oracle
Fixing to hit with Old Bay and buttermilk over night.

Fry them up tomorrow. Will post some more pics.

NOTE: PRODUCT OF MONROE, GA.
We got 8 all together and my bud has the other 4.?

Well, I tried to upload the pics. When the Boss gets home, I'll get her to show me how to crop smaller.
Sorry?

ambush80

Fixing to hit with Old Bay and buttermilk over night.

Fry them up tomorrow. Will post some more pics.

NOTE: PRODUCT OF MONROE, GA.
We got 8 all together and my bud has the other 4.?

Gigged?

Red dirt clod

I ain’t had frog legs in near 50 years, please post your pics when done. One night we gigged 62 frogs and then had to clean them. Didn’t get to bed till after 2 in the morning.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Been a while here. I love frog legs. My son is nuts for them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Next time, skin and clean the whole frog, minus the head. Then salt, ground cayenne pepper, roll in flour, and fry.

Old Winchesters

Been a while. They’re good

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I ain’t had frog legs in near 50 years, please post your pics when done. One night we gigged 62 frogs and then had to clean them. Didn’t get to bed till after 2 in the morning.

With a set of pruning shears and skinning pliers, you can get a frog ready for supper in under a minute.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I spent many nights of my misspent youth gigging frogs and drinking beer. haven't had frog legs in a blue moon. Post em up tomorrow.

Big7

The Oracle
Honey Pie is home in bed. Not feeling to good. I'll have her crop them pics soon as she feels better.

I got them zip locked swimming in buttermilk tonight. Going to cook them tomorrow.

As far as the taste, if you just brown them lightly and not cook them to death they taste like a cross between gater (much softer) and jumbo shrimp. Not like chicken at all to me.

PS.. I FINALLY found WHOLE BUTTERMILK, as opposed to "low fat" @ Publix. It's still cultured but way better than I've had in a very long time. Barber's Dairy Pure is the brand name. I took a good sip and it's fantastic.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Regularly hand caught and ate them in Louisiana. They were so plentiful you could shake a stick at them.

Good stuff!

I like to keep it simple like Nic said on seasoning/preparing them.

And Like Hooty Hoot said on cleaning them.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Gonna be good I bet!

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I use to drench mine in milk ( batter sticks better with an egg mixed in). Made my batter with flour and a little corn meal with a good dose of black pepper mixed in. Then fry until done and sprinkle with a little fresh lemon. Mmmmmmmm!

I've probably gigged my last frog but probably got my share.