FROGS Catching/Eating!!

Went fishing with a friend this weekend in the florida everglades. While we were down there we decided to take the airboat out and do some frog gigging. It made for a fun trip and a delicious dinner!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
That looks like fun. Surprised they didn't seem to run across any snakes. I love frog gigging and frog leg eating.

specialk

yes, did a lot while growing up in VA, there were hundreds of irrigation ponds around where I grew up.....3 things were needed....gig, light, and beer....normally 2 in the jon boat....front guy giged, back guy paddled and would take off frogs......fun times!!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
yes, did a lot while growing up in VA, there were hundreds of irrigation ponds around where I grew up.....3 things were needed....gig, light, and beer....normally 2 in the jon boat....front guy giged, back guy paddled and would take off frogs......fun times!!

We usually waded, but had a boat with a rope on it, to haul the beer cooler and the frog bucket. We caught frogs the were way bigger than what was on the video. We did fight the snakes off or jump into the boat. We would have a frog leg fry that night, or if we stayed out to late on Friday night, it would be a Saturday get together and frog leg feast.

specialk

yeah a lot of times we never took the boat off the truck, we'd just walk the banks.....i'll never forget one time we stopped by a hole that was dug out by the phone company working on underground lines that was only big enough to maybe sit a pickup down in. hard rains had filled it in..... we stuck 7 big bullfrogs from there.....