FT Gordon 25 Aug 13 BowHunter shoot

jakeeib

All targets will be speices native to GA. Most shots will be from ground blind or elevated platform. All will be realistic hunting shoots.
35 yd max
10,5,and neg 5 scoring system.

I am thinking about some sort of "Ironman" novelty shot. Maybe $3 to enter, winner gets a tree stand...something along those lines...what you'll think?

jakeeib

Have decided on the prizes for each class. Everything from a stand to deer cameras to bow sights.
All classes will receive prizes for 1st - 3rd place. There will also be multiple novelty shots.

Reg is 0900 - 1400hrs (9am - 2PM)
Prizes and winners will be announced at 1700 (5pm)
Food and drinks availible for purchase on sight

jakeeib

Yes slider style sights are allowed, just no magnification.
You can move it during the shoot, we will not limit that nor will we tell anyone how many pins to have or what yardage they can be set at.

Remeber this is a bowhunter shoot, please bring your hunting set up and lets all have a great time.

jakeeib

I have secured a $50 gift certificate to Deer Crossing Archery and a tree stand for two of the novelty shots, i think the third will be a 50/50 cash pot.

Its Amazing

This shoot is a blast!! This is one shoot you need to make if anyway possible!

jakeeib

whats the address to the shoot

Use this address to the golf course.
Building 537, Range Road • Fort Gordon, GA

Golf course will be on your left, continue past it and take the next right. Follow the signs for TASC.

If any problems let me know and i will give you a turn by turn from Gate 1.

If you do not have a DOD ID Card or current Pass, all civilian personnel entering Fort Gordon must use the Gate 1 (Gordon Hwy. & Jimmy Dyess Pkwy.) entrance ONLY.
We apologize for any inconvenience

All adults must have photo ID, current vehicle registration, and proff of insurance.

watermedic

Seperate classes. cub, youth, young adult, adult, traditional wood on wood and modern traditional.

jakeeib

Will there be different classes (male, female, youth, compound trad etc) or will it all be one hunter class?

Yes there are seperate classes.
Mens compound
Womens compound
Modern recurve
Traditional (wood on wood)
Senior youth 12-14
Youth 8-11
Pee wee 7 and under

The age groups of the kids may shift a little one way or another as we get closer but this is what we have prizes for now.

jakeeib

All targets will be species native to GA. Most shots will be from ground blind or elevated platform. All will be realistic hunting shots.
35 yd max
10,8,and neg 5 scoring system.

Have decided on the prizes for each class. Everything from a stand to deer cameras to bow sights.
All classes will receive prizes for 1st - 3rd place. There will also be multiple novelty shots.
25 August
Registration is 0900 - 1400hrs (9am - 2PM)
Prizes and winners will be announced at 1700 (5pm)
Food and drinks available for purchase on site

3 Novelty shots.
1. Long distance- orange dot will be placed on an elk target (distance to be determined) The archer with the closest arrow to the center of the dot wins.
a. Ties will be decided with a shoot off prior to 1700
b. $1 for 3 arrows
2. Clay pigeon break- A target will have several clay pigeons attached to it
a. Arrow must break clay pigeon to win a ticket (white gets 1 ticket, orange gets 3 tickets)
b. Tickets will be put into a can for drawing at 1700
c. $1 an arrow
3. Paper target- for kids only 15 and under
a. 50 cents an arrow
b. Winners will get a ticket that will be put into a can for drawing at 1700

Last edited:

jakeeib

Yes there are seperate classes.
Mens compound
Womens compound
Modern recurve
Senior youth 12-14
Youth 8-11
Pee wee 7 and under

The age groups of the kids may shift a little one way or another as we get closer but this is what we have prizes for now.

Change 2
Senior compound
Mens compound
Womens compound
Modern recurve
Youth 12-15 (hunting bow)
Cub 9-11 (Any type of bow)
Pee wee 8 and under (Any type of bow)

AnAvidArcher

So does wood on wood for trad mean that if I shot carbon or aluminum arrows, out of a wood bow, I'd still be in modern recurve?