Ft Stewart

pajohn

Heading down March 4th been 5 years since we hunted there, hope the weather is good, seems like a lot of areas have been open good luck to all you hunters

BowArrow

Heading down March 4th been 5 years since we hunted there, hope the weather is good, seems like a lot of areas have been open good luck to all you hunters
Might try to come down for a few days. I turned 85 in January and beginning to feel my age. I did have a good deer season with my bow. Are you camping in same site?

McStay

I am using a block of styrofoam to tighten Slick Trick 150's on, German Lutz blades are hideously sharp. Then going to walmart in Hinesville for corn. I live walking distance from the Alphas. Know the fishing pretty well too. Please feel free to contact me. Also how cool to be the successful 85 yr old bow hunter. Motivating!

Bill

Attachments

• B8920ACB-BD7E-4A59-835E-657DD924DC3A.png
    B8920ACB-BD7E-4A59-835E-657DD924DC3A.png
    239 KB · Views: 14

tracker12

We just left the Fort after a five day hunt. Fun as always. How is it there baiting. After a long deer season I just can’t bring myself to sitting over bait.

BowArrow

Hopefully same site
Went to Fort Monday 27 for the day to see if I could go for a day physically. Did lots of walking and blood pressure was OK. Checked into two areas and lots of sign. One area along a small creek had acres of fresh rooting. I hunted this area late and had big (150# ) hog slip up 30 yds. and saw me go for gun. Would have been a major task for an 85 year old to drag him 200 yds. to my car in the dark. Might go down for a few days next week. Roads were good and did not see a single vehicle until dark thirty. Most areas were open.

Antfinn88

I plan on heading down there within the next few weeks. I'll be bringing my bow with me. Any advice for a newbie? I usually hunt public land in Paulding county but the pig population is very low here. I saw maybe 3 pigs all year last year couldn't get a shot at any of them. It's been frustrating and I came really close to signing up for a guided hog hunt just so I could get my 1st one but I'd rather get the experience looking for sign and finding the pigs on my own. Any and all advice is much appreciated!

McStay

I am on a one week suspension for not checking out of a unit last week, but would be happy to help with info.
Feel free to message me. Last week alot of the units were closed.

McStay

It's a game of attrition. Jeep is up, Onieda bow is down for frayed cables. Just waxed the bow string on the old PSE to where I don't notice how frayed it is. Gonna hit the Bravos and Charlies on my way to and from Rincon to pick up a canoe.

Attachments

• 44365424-1D0C-4EDB-AA7F-26F4E3D92A7B.jpeg
    44365424-1D0C-4EDB-AA7F-26F4E3D92A7B.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 7

McStay

Go today if you can. Base shuts down midnight tonght for hunting and fishing due to Govt. shutdown if none of those rich lazy scumbags N. Of Richmond don't iron things out before midnight tonight.