GA Cell phone law

Passed a cop on his other other day. Think this one will go the way of discretion to enforce. When I have my cell in my left hand on speaker and driving with my right Im in no way distracted. Im watching the road and talking the same as if someone was in the truck with me but I cant see them.

When the call concludes I let them hang up and toss it on the seat.

I never answer texts or calls if driving already. Im in and out of neighborhoods so much daily it can wait for a return call when Im stopped in front of another customers property.

If its an emergency or something ugrent with my family a cop can kiss my work boots.

I don't see why cell phone laws while driving aren't the same as DUI laws. Makes first offenders classes just like first time DuI offenders.

All it takes is hand to face or head actions for authorities to write tickets on very poorly written GA cell phone law, even if your scratching your face or head, eating or drinking, picking nose, popping zits, applying makeup, fixing your hair, chasing flying bugs away, etc., or even authorities do not even have to be truthful since it's your word against theirs as stated earlier.

Gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel with this massive revenue generator.

:smash:

Homer Simpson, We're in the money

9-seconds

Gold Diggers of 1933 - "We're in the Money"

;)

PappyHoel

All it takes is hand to face or head actions for authorities to write tickets on very poorly written GA cell phone law, even if your scratching your face or head, eating or drinking, picking nose, popping zits, applying makeup, fixing your hair, chasing flying bugs away, etc., or even authorities do not even have to be truthful since it's your word against theirs as stated earlier.

Gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel with this massive revenue generator.

:smash:

Homer Simpson, We're in the money

9-seconds

Gold Diggers of 1933 - "We're in the Money"

;)
It’s not a revenue generator is a pretext to search you.

To me the don't touch law is pretty apparent. I'll bet Waze yeah something to do with that tidbit. Even if 1/2 of everyone follows the law that means less police reported.

I was pulled over by a GSP for marking him on Waze a year ago. He pulled me over for 76 in a 70. I saw him staring right at me when I did it

I called him on it and he gave me a warning

BassMan31

It's a dumb law, but unenforceable so IDC. Besides, much worse than this is in the works, I'd bet. Registration of all vehicles, their electronic signatures, and real-time location all are on the way. It will be played off as "beneficial" for "the People." The naive will believe it and abide more loss of freedom.

Throwback

I don't see why cell phone laws while driving aren't the same as DUI laws. Makes first offenders classes just like first time DuI offenders.

maybe make them all a felony. boy that would stop it!

ryanh487

Oh yeah, let's make it super expensive and take the cops word at it. Great idea. Don't see any issue with that at all. It's not like we haven't had massive scandals of cops planting drugs and other evidence in people's cars over the last few years already. If all they have to do is say they saw a phone in your hand and the court takes their word with no further proof, there's no way people won't be completely conned out of thousands of dollars in nonsense fines.