GA Guild - Demo/Challenge

Anvil Head

Here's a Leaf Handled Dagger I forged at the last GA Guild meeting as part of a Master/Apprentice Challenge Demo. Had a lot of fun working with a young man from Lawranceville who did quite well. Hopefully once he's finished out his blade I'll be able to post a pic of it as well.
We have a lot of fun at these events and enjoy sharing our skills and knowledge with others. If you are really interested in knives and learning how to make them this IS the organization with which to connect.

Attachments

• M-A Challenge Dag.jpg
    M-A Challenge Dag.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 309

Anvil Head

Thanks Kathy. I really enjoy forging these blacksmith knives - Working on something special for a special friend up in NC mtns that I hope to finish soon. I'll post a pic here after she gets it.
I think Caleb found out that double edged daggers aren't near as hard as one would have you think. Should be getting a pic of his to post soon.

Anvil Head

Finally got a chance to fit up a chunk of leather to the dagger - Man, what a busy spring!

Attachments

• Competition Knife 1.jpg
    Competition Knife 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 140

IFLY4U

Very nice.

walkinboss01

Very nice Carl!!

Anvil Head

Thanks guys. Make sure to stop by, it'l be on the table this weekend. Had a lot of fun doing this while working with Caleb. Still waiting on him to finish his up and send me some pics.
Been doing a lot of daggers lately.....must be the weather.

Gobbler Down

Finally got a chance to fit up a chunk of leather to the dagger - Man, what a busy spring!
Absolutely “C Rex”! Carl, wish I lived a little closer...I would definitely sponge the knowledge of the art from you. Then you would go and get a restraining order an d mess up my master plan!:ROFLMAO:

Anvil Head

Heck, if we lived closer and got together and started pooling our know skills and talents we could go on the road as a "Two Man Carnival of Feather Merchants" and make the news scaring little kids!
Really, would be great to swap thoughts and techniques with you my friend. How's the kayaking in your neck of the woods?

Razor Blade

Looks good buddy

Latest posts