Ga. Laws and Blue Dots?

Capt Quirk

Just curious about any laws concerning Blue Dots on your tail lights. Legal, not legal, depends on who pulls you over?

sinclair1

They cracked down on them around here in the metro area about 20 years ago and started writing all the guys tickets leaving the car shows.

zedex

Gator Bait
Lots of motorcycles had those and no trouble... I personally think they are a good idea... the blue really gets your attention..
I would go over state regs and then get the opinion of local police department before proceeding

Capt Quirk

I looked at the law page, it said you needed to have tail lights and tag lights. No return on blue dots in the search.

zedex

Gator Bait
I looked at the law page, it said you needed to have tail lights and tag lights. No return on blue dots in the search.
Was there anything about altering or partial obstruction or non-factory lights?
Remember that everything is legal unless our masters tell us otherwise

sinclair1

Back when they cracked down, they citied the blue is for emergency only. Most people don't install them inline to the bulb like was made popular in the hotrod days.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Yet I have seen running lights with a serious blue tint lately.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I haven't looked lately but I think you will find that GA has a law that lists the light colors that are not to be displayed and that blue is among them.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Suppose to have a permit for flashing blue lights. Amber and white lights too.

Capt Quirk

Now tell us all the answer so we ain't got to read all that!
It's up to the SAE people's standards. They decide the lens and lights, but honestly, it still doesn't specifically say anything about the dots. Kinda like asking dad something, and he says " What did your mom say?"

LTZ25

I hate these stupid wrecker drivers that run flashing light while towing a car ,those lights are for road side safety .