GA Lifetime Sportsman's License

Slug-Gunner

$10 is for "Plastic CC Type Card"

Hey Slug:
I thought 65 plus seniors were a free license. I have had mine for three years now, and all I do is go get my deer tags and hip tag?
Have they decided to change the reg?
Thanks,
Gary

Gary,
The $10 fee is ONLY IF YOU WANT TO GET THE PLASTIC CC TYPE OF "Lifetime Sportsman's License"....
or for when you ever need to get a 'replacement' license (any type).

Slug-Gunner

Smackover

Seniors fishing on PFA's

Doesn't the after 65 Senior License entitle one to fish on PFA's as well, or, do they need a different license ?

Smackover

Slug-Gunner

It's Explained in Post #1.... but,

Doesn't the after 65 Senior License entitle one to fish on PFA's as well, or, do they need a different license ?

Smackover

As explained previously, the "Lifetime Sportsman's License" (ALL VERSIONS) covers EVERYTHING (to include Hunting, Fishing, Big Game Permits, Primitive Weapons, PFAs, WMAs etc.) , except the requirement to purchase a Federal "Duck Stamp" and to get the FREE annual 'H.I.P Permit' and the 'Deer Harvest Record' if you hunt migratory game birds or hunt deer.

You can even use it to accompany someone on ALLIGATOR HUNTS, but you still must be 'DRAWN for a PERMIT' to be able to hunt them yourself.

Slug-Gunner

stiles1682

Just curious if anyone found the answer if we could purchase the license if we are still on Active Duty. Im in the Marines and just extended to take orders with M Btry in TN. But my home of record is GA. I pay GA taxes and Im not planning on getting out for a while. But I have to buy license when I come home on leave and hunt. Will a Statement of Service work in the place of a DD 214? It basically says all the same stuff as a 214. Thats what we have to use for all other legal matters such as cars, homes, tags since were still on Active Duty.

Thanks,
Charlie

Slug-Gunner

See you JAG Office....

Just curious if anyone found the answer if we could purchase the license if we are still on Active Duty. Im in the Marines and just extended to take orders with M Btry in TN. But my home of record is GA. I pay GA taxes and Im not planning on getting out for a while. But I have to buy license when I come home on leave and hunt. Will a Statement of Service work in the place of a DD 214? It basically says all the same stuff as a 214. Thats what we have to use for all other legal matters such as cars, homes, tags since were still on Active Duty.

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,

If you're still on your 1st Enlistment/Commission, see your local JAG office for details on what to use to verify your 'Veteran status'. You should be able to use your original enlistment papers, which have the date you entered service on them. To be considered an 'eligible veteran', you must have completed >90 days of active duty. The 'statement of service' you mention may also be OK.... again, have JAG give you the correct answer. If you're on a second or subsequent enlistment, then you should have a DD214 for your previous enlistment 'term of service'. Your MILPO can provide it for you.

Once you've got the appropriate forms, go online and download the "Lifetime Sportsman's License" form and complete it, sent it in along with the "certified copies" of the required forms (again, JAG can provide these for you), along with a USPS Money Order for $400 by registered mail to the listed DNR address. Use your "Home of Record" address (usually your parents address if they are still in GA) and it will be mailed to that address. I do know that they can ONLY BE MAILED TO A GA ADDRESS!

I'll try to call DNRs CPT Bell this week to see if he can give me a better answer on this and verify the procedures involved. I'll PM you with the info when I get it.

Slug-Gunner

stiles1682

Slug-Gunner,

Thank you for getting the answers for me. I joined in 2005 in August so Ive been in the Marines bout 3 1/2 years. Im the Administrator for my Unit. My parents still live in GA so I will have it mailed to them. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Charlie

Slug-Gunner

One other consideration....

Slug-Gunner,

Thank you for getting the answers for me. I joined in 2005 in August so Ive been in the Marines bout 3 1/2 years. Im the Administrator for my Unit. My parents still live in GA so I will have it mailed to them. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Charlie

Charlie,
If your father has a POA for you (always a GOOD IDEA anyway, just in case), you can send him the appropriate verification forms and do it 'in person' for you at a regional DNR office. I remembered this from reviewing my previous advice given someone in an earlier post.

Slug-Gunner

mriver72

Banned
Thanks for posting i got 2 boys ages 13 and 8 this will make a birthday present that will be remembered forever ...

jeshoffstall

Just sent for my lifetime license today.

Question, now that GA has gone to the online system, can I get my HIP and deer harvest permits online each year?

Thanks,
Jack

Slug-Gunner

Online License System....

Question, now that GA has gone to the online system, can I get my HIP and deer harvest permits online each year?

Thanks,
Jack

When you go onto the "Georgia Online License" web site, there is a "I have a 'Lifetime License'" option. Select it, and input either the license number on the back of your 'Lifetime Sportsman's License' or your SSAN#.... you then will be able to print out your 'Deer Harvest Record' and get the H.I.P. Questionaire taken care of too. Hope this helps.

Slug-Gunner

Last edited:

oregonbowhunter

another question if i was to purchase a lifetime liscense and got stationed somewhere else am i know required to buy a out of state hunting liscense for the state im currently stationed in???

Slug-Gunner

Military Personnel....

another question if i was to purchase a lifetime liscense and got stationed somewhere else am i know required to buy a out of state hunting liscense for the state im currently stationed in???

For military personnel assigned to a new duty station in another state (on orders), you are permitted to buy a 'resident' license for that state. At least that was always the case when I was on 'active duty' and assigned to a new duty station. If you are assigned to a new base to attend a school (for training), you can purchase a license in that state for the current license year. This may vary for some states since I'm not familiar with each states agreement with their local military reservations. Maybe others who are stationed in other locations can answer this better than I can.

If you purchase a Lifetime License in ANY STATE, it is only good in that state.

Slug-Gunner

oregonbowhunter

Dont assume that

For military personnel assigned to a new duty station in another state (on orders), you are permitted to buy a 'resident' license for that state. At least that was always the case when I was on 'active duty' and assigned to a new duty station. If you are assigned to a new base to attend a school (for training), you can purchase a license in that state for the current license year. This may vary for some states since I'm not familiar with each states agreement with their local military reservations. Maybe others who are stationed in other locations can answer this better than I can.

If you purchase a Lifetime License in ANY STATE, it is only good in that state.

Slug-Gunner
Got slammed pretty hard by oregon for having a state resident liscense that overlapd with another unmentioned state by 3 days who knew i wasnt a resident even though i lived there 11 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmystriton

FYI i talked to the lifetime license dept. We (active duty) are not eligble for a discounted lifetime license. I was told NO!!!!! not until you are discharged. I got 19 years in and they said no. You can come in for 90 days get the boot and get it for 400. But you cant get a hundred dollar discount for 19 years???????? Does not make any sense to me. I got all kinds of proof that i am in and have been but that is not good enough. They just played dumb and said that the legislatures wrote the bill and it stated you had to have a DD214......Once again law makers that dont know what is going on.....I think if you have a deployment then you should get a free lifetime.... What about the disability thing. How much of a disability do you have to have before your license is free????

Slug-Gunner

You get a DD214 EVERY TIME You Reenlist.....

FYI i talked to the lifetime license dept. We (active duty) are not eligble for a discounted lifetime license. I was told NO!!!!! not until you are discharged. I got 19 years in and they said no. You can come in for 90 days get the boot and get it for 400. But you cant get a hundred dollar discount for 19 years???????? Does not make any sense to me. I got all kinds of proof that i am in and have been but that is not good enough. They just played dumb and said that the legislatures wrote the bill and it stated you had to have a DD214......Once again law makers that dont know what is going on.....I think if you have a deployment then you should get a free lifetime.... What about the disability thing. How much of a disability do you have to have before your license is free????

Jimmy,
I am 'retired military' and FYI you get a DD214 EVERY TIME you reenlist for a new 'term of service'. I seriously doubt that the person you talked to HAD ANY MILITARY EXPERIENCE or they would have known this. Hopefully, you saved your copies of 'reenlistment papers'..... if not, then see your MILPO office and they can print out copies from your records.

Post back if you have further questions.

Gary Mercer

Thanks, Slug, I think I am going to have my green senior license laminated. It does not have an epiration date on it.

So I see no reason to get another.

HEY CHARLIE, SEMPER FI, BRO.
Gary

Jim P

I know that dissabled vets get a free license, but some times it's a hassel to get them renewed, can we get a life time instead?

Slug-Gunner

Disabled Veterans....

I know that dissabled vets get a free license, but some times it's a hassel to get them renewed, can we get a life time instead?

The only DISABLED VETERANS who are eligible for a FREE GEORGIA LIFETIME SPORTSMAN'S LICENSE are 'veterans' who are certified as 100% DISABLED (this must be VERIFIED with VA). Those who have 'disabilities' with lower limits should have their % of disability verified through VA in order to get a FREE LICENSE for a specified time period - usually 3-5 years in length. The reason is that different 'disabilities' may be 'temporary' in nature and need to be RE-VERIFIED at periodic intervals.

Gary Mercer

Hey Slug, got a question for you.
As a senior, I have a permanent license.
If I want to fish a PFA or WMA, will I need to get a "stamp" or am I good?
If I am required to get an additional permit, where, and how do I go about it?
Thanks,
Gary