GA Youth Turkey Hunt MAR 15-16 2014 TROPHY THREAD

1st Gobbler

On Saturday, my 5 year old, AJ Bagby bagged this 18 pound, 9.75" beard, 3/4" spurs Jenkins County gobbler. AJ shot the gobbler with his Parker Youth Crossbow at 20 yards and made a perfect shot through the wing. It was a miserably wet day at daylight, but around 9am it turned into a fist bumping-happy-dance party inside the Primos Double Bull Blind!

Attachments

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Headed back out in an hour for an afternoon hunt. Had these two come in together to my calls. They kept looking around for a hen (we did not put any dekes out) and were getting nervous as my two sons got their guns up. I told them earlier if 2 birds come in, I will count 1-2-3 then shoot.

I counted and when I said "3" they both shot at the exact same time and two birds went flopping. 2nd bird for my 9YO and the first one for my 12YO. They even stood on the necks while they flopped. It was awesome.

(They both were trying to count pellet hits to the head to see who did better) :shoot:
Awesome!!! Congrats to them both!!

Is that a Winchester 1300 Youth Ranger next to one of your boys?

Thread starter #44

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Awesome!!! Congrats to them both!!

Is that a Winchester 1300 Youth Ranger next to one of your boys?
It is. Bought it on the old GON Swap & Sell. Awesome deal on a great 20GA.

5year olds crossbow gobbler

5 year old AJ Bagby killed this 19lb, 9 3/4 in. beard,3/4 in. spurs gobbler on March 14 2015 in Jenkins County Ga.He was hunting with his father Justin on a very rainy opening day! He made a perfect 20yd shot hunting out of a double bull blind and using a tripod!

Attachments