gaswamp and I had a pretty good day in the field

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Had 3 year old Jake and 9 month old Moose out with us this morning. Always fun to watch dogs doing what they love. We wound up with 25 quail in the cooler.

Attachments

• 6797E64C-F164-47B9-B4C4-24C40F00878C.jpg
    6797E64C-F164-47B9-B4C4-24C40F00878C.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 748

fireman32

Ttt

Attachments

• 199EAD43-C275-446A-B03D-F9F919E5E4C9.png
    199EAD43-C275-446A-B03D-F9F919E5E4C9.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 761

fireman32

gaswamp.

Attachments

• 65A480F4-6421-4F19-9FEF-6391C698AF3F.png
    65A480F4-6421-4F19-9FEF-6391C698AF3F.png
    994.8 KB · Views: 754

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looks like a great day with two great looking dogs.
Jeff

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This thread along with the photos is just plain wonderful to see. You've got some beautiful dogs and obviously they did some good work today too. What a beautiful day for hunting too.

I really miss quail hunting because I haven't been in so many years now. My father was one of the most prolific quail hunters in the state of Georgia during his lifetime and he had some of the most fantastic bird-dogs anywhere in the country for over a span of 45 years or so too. If I could just shoot maybe half as good as he was, then I would be awesome.

He hunted with friends a heck of a lot down in several south Georgia counties over the years.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

Gaswamp

had a good time...here one of the fireman with dogs after a pond swim

Attachments

• alec grad.jpg
    alec grad.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 701

Gaswamp

This thread along with the photos is just plain wonderful to see. You've got some beautiful dogs and obviously they did some good work today too. What a beautiful day for hunting too.

I really miss quail hunting because I haven't been in so many years now. My father was one of the most prolific quail hunters in the state of Georgia during his lifetime and he had some of the most fantastic bird-dogs anywhere in the country for over a span of 45 years or so too. If I could just shoot maybe half as good as he was, then I would be awesome.

He hunted with friends a heck of a lot down in several south Georgia counties over the years.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

I would love to go back into time when a man could walk off his back porch and hunt up 8 or 10 coveys in an hour

Gaswamp

fireman32

Fireman: Are those Brittany spaniels? Handsome gundogs...

Yessir, but they’re not mine. Just had the pleasure of hunting with them. Gaswamp is the man training them and doing a fine job as well.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Not to nitpick, but here comes the nitpick: It's been years since the AKC has dropped "spaniels" from the dogs' breed name as Brittanys are pointing, not flushing dogs. 1992 was the change in name. Nitpick over. :) Abby and Willa are very sensitive about this. ;) Gil

Gaswamp

Not to nitpick, but here comes the nitpick: It's been years since the AKC has dropped "spaniels" from the dogs' breed name as Brittanys are pointing, not flushing dogs. 1992 was the change in name. Nitpick over. :) Abby and Willa are very sensitive about this. ;) Gil

how old are the gals Gil?

coveyrise

Not to nitpick either. But I think there are spaniels in every breed. Saw some English pointer spaniels today. Man they could flush a bird!!!