***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
yep quack the pollen count is in the high level, 109 yesterday. Waiting on the next freeze to kill a lot of mosquitos I was swatting at last night.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
***This is NOT a forecast***

I stated earlier that around March 6th would be our last hoorah for cooler weather. Well, here is the GFS Clown Map for March 6th. Obviously too many days out to lend any validitiy to it at all and not reliable whatsoever, but I know how much you WWF's (Winter Weather Fanatics) love so see this stuff, so I'm sharing it.

My personal opinion? It would be nice to see the cold air go this deep into the SE one last time and the NAO is trending for a sharply negative trend around the first of March, so that would align with this one map (emphasis on one) but I wouldn't hold my breath for sub freezing temps or much in the way of blue colors showing up on the map when it is all said and done.

FWIW, I still have the sled. ??

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_42.png

smokey30725

I've resigned myself to the fact that winter is done. Time to get ready for storm season and pray that no more communities near me get destroyed by tornadoes like a few years back.

fountain

Walking through the woods, everything I brush up against turns into a yellow cloud of dust. Got my eyes feeling like they will blow out at any time

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Y'all keep the folks to our west in your thoughts and prayers today. A lot of people are facing flooding and potential Tornadoes.

Attachments

• 2018-02-24_12.05.22.jpg
    2018-02-24_12.05.22.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 566

Greene728

Y'all keep the folks to our west in your thoughts and prayers today. A lot of people are facing flooding and potential Tornadoes.

‘Tis the season unfortunately. This beautiful weather this time of year usually winds up costing someone dearly.

smokey30725

Just finished mowing and weed eating my yard. In February.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
At this point, let's just get it over with. Bring on spring and summer so we can look forward to fall.

I still wish for a little cooler weather. Not cold because my fruit trees are flowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.