***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguyintraffic

I remember back when I started out I had 10 accounts just to cover the bills until I could develop my design side of the business. Weeks like this suck, but not as bad as the week after. With only 10 clients, each and everyone one of them acted like they were the only client I had and should have been able to get them first thing the very next non-rainy day. When you're a one man gig that wears thin on your patience. The worst was the residential, little old widow ladies whose husbands spent 20 hours a day out in the yard manicuring it with a pair of fiskars scissors. I didn't have the heart to tell them the reason they spent 20 hours out in the yard everyday was to escape their nagging rear ends. In the end it didn't help. The old hags still outlived them.
Try sitting idle on 70. Luckily only half of it is weekly or biweekly. Some is monthly mows on vacant lots. Storage unit lot sweeps, parking lots cleanups, no mowing commercial. Business property trim and blow and goes. Got a few cemetery lots I'm DREADING after all is rain . Just had 2 referral calls from new homeowners.
My guys should be rested up, gonna need 7 day work week coming.

Last edited:

someguyintraffic

I see some long days in your near future.
Mistyped only 70, 68 actually but who is counting after 50? These smart phone keyboards are too small forr my fat thumbs.

Yes 8 days a week ahead. Looks like rain into Tuesday.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nearly 8" of rain in places around here this week.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Hoping that Nader didn't hit my jobsite that's west of Monticello. It was north of there when I saw it on radar

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
How's about a Mexican map of total rainfall since, let's say, the last time we saw the sun?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Can the rain (because its destroying folks homes and lives) but keep the clouds until mid September....please
I just looked at the GFS a couple of weeks out. It is amazing how few 90 degree days are projected. We'll get a small break then the rain will be back at it in a couple of weeks, IF the GFS is right.
See if you can locate some "asphalt millings" they're cheap and make a great driveway.
You haven't seen how Mrs. BoG drives.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Here are a couple of the USGS data points for rainfall. Norcross (4") is closest to my place in Roswell. The Flint River at carsonville (2.75") is close to my hunt property.
This is a pretty easy way to spot check amounts Fallen, but I'd like to see a map of the state to see where got the most. I'm sure it was at least eight or nine inches in some parts of Northwest Georgia. Cave Springs and Cedartown.ezgif.com-resize.pngezgif.com-resize (1).png

someguyintraffic

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Here are a couple of the USGS data points for rainfall. Norcross (4") is closest to my place in Roswell. The Flint River at carsonville (2.75") is close to my hunt property.
This is a pretty easy way to spot check amounts Fallen, but I'd like to see a map of the state to see where got the most. I'm sure it was at least eight or nine inches in some parts of Northwest Georgia. Cave Springs and Cedartown.View attachment 938709View attachment 938710
Are they using river gauge changes to equate to rainfall per acre fallen?

Status
Not open for further replies.