***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Might as well start the spring weather thread off with a GFS Clown Map for next Saturday.

Ain't gonna happen. :rofl:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_21.png

GoldDot40

...but we enjoy the colorful maps. It brings out the professional armchair speculators.

smokey30725

It’ll never happen. I was outside today and actually got the first mosquito bite of 2018. Everything around here is nearly flooded and the ground is like walking on a sponge. Good times...

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
All the rain we have been getting has my septic system acting up.... Might be time for another dig and pump....

GoldDot40

I ain't putting away any winter clothes, accessories, etc until late March.

Greene728

It’ll never happen. I was outside today and actually got the first mosquito bite of 2018. Everything around here is nearly flooded and the ground is like walking on a sponge. Good times...

It's funny to me to always hear folks talking about a really cold winter to kill of the bugs. I don't care how cold it gets, mosquitoes and ticks will prevail!

smokey30725

It's funny to me to always hear folks talking about a really cold winter to kill of the bugs. I don't care how cold it gets, mosquitoes and ticks will prevail!

It doesn’t help that a developer cleared the 20 acres behind me and it’s a muddy swamp now.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

The Arctic regions of Canada and Alaska are some of the buggiest places on earth. I've read old accounts of horses left out unprotected in Canada dying from the skeeters draining enough of their blood to kill them. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Might as well start the spring weather thread off with a GFS Clown Map for next Saturday.

Ain't gonna happen. :rofl:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_21.png

I don't doubt it at all. The local already says snow showers Friday night.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

A cold winter doesn't kill the bugs. A warm February with a severely cold early March does knock them back a bit, but not kill them all.

bassboy1

The Arctic regions of Canada and Alaska are some of the buggiest places on earth. I've read old accounts of horses left out unprotected in Canada dying from the skeeters draining enough of their blood to kill them. :)

The Alaskan state bird is the mosquito. Some of them seem like they are the size of a small helicopter.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
soil temps are up over 55, do I need to apply pre ermergent now?

Msteele

Winter isn’t over

Seen some interesting data that the weather channel people were discussing this afternoon. March looks to be potentially very cold.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Seen some interesting data that the weather channel people were discussing this afternoon. March looks to be potentially very cold.
Yeah, we posted that in the last weather thread. The weather channel is late to the ball game.

BTW, not all of March, just a good cold shot like we normally get just about every year. This is nothing new, they're just now figuring out what causes it. ;)

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Yeah, we posted that in the last weather thread. The weather channel is late to the ball game.

BTW, not all of March, just a good cold shot like we normally get just about every year. This is nothing new, they're just now figuring out what causes it. ;)

Yep.. Just about the time youth baseball opens up and we are ready for some warm weather we get blasted with cold.... Aint nothin like playing baseball and it spittin snow!

Greene728

I’m just ready for this grey dreary junk weather to break!
I’d take 30 degrees and sunny over this. Depressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.