***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Of you morons make me have to start a new thread over this one I'm gonna be ill.

This is getting just plain stupid. Now the GFS agrees with a more southerly landfall and inshore progression west then north. NOW the EURO brings it in at Myrtle Beach and takes it over to Augusta GA. THERE IS ZERO MODEL CONSENSUS ON THIS STORM RIGHT NOW!!!!! Glad I keep my hair short enough so I can't pull it out. This model disagreement is about as stupid as a soup sammich.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Of you morons make me have to start a new thread over this one I'm gonna be ill.

This is getting just plain stupid. Now the GFS agrees with a more southerly landfall and inshore progression west then north. NOW the EURO brings it in at Myrtle Beach and takes it over to Augusta GA. THERE IS ZERO MODEL CONSENSUS ON THIS STORM RIGHT NOW!!!!! Glad I keep my hair short enough so I can't pull it out. This model disagreement is about as stupid as a soup sammich.
You need to start flipping a coin.To hot for jello.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

I cleaned it up for you, Hugh.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
That is not good news Miggy. :mad:
I don't know what else to tell people that treat this storm like it's one of the other cat2 or cat3 storms that have hit and they rode it out.

Here's a clue. A Cat 4 of this magnitude expends the same energy over it's life cycle equivalent to 10,000 nuclear bombs. A Cat 4 is not merely a step up from a Cat 3. It is exponentially stronger and more deadly.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Contra traffic in Myrtle Beach and Charleston is now in effect. Both sides are the freeway are one way traffic out. Charleston is one way all of the way to Columbia.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I hate it for those folks and hope they`ll get out while they can. Gonna be a lot of destruction and it will be a long time before those survivors know normal again.

gasmasher

Trying to find a room for my brother and dogs who lives a couple miles from the NC coast. All the places I've checked are already full. Hope his boats and equipment make it ok.

toyota4x4h

Yikes the latest euro puts ga into play now don't it miggy? I have a buddy in Charleston I told him Saturday he best be packin up may be right ugh!

toyota4x4h

Trying to find a room for my brother and dogs who lives a couple miles from the NC coast. All the places I've checked are already full. Hope his boats and equipment make it ok.

Look far west of the state like hickory and even further. Lady I work with said the are getting a few coming into Murphy where she lives.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
heard on the radio atlanta motels/hotels are getting full

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Yikes the latest euro puts ga into play now don't it miggy? I have a buddy in Charleston I told him Saturday he best be packin up may be right ugh!
Last nights euro had her coming in near MB and headin north. Now that is todays GFS and the Euro earlier this morning came in MB cut over the Augusta then headed north. Now the Euro is saying MB to Augusta to NW GA.

I got Gordon right, but it was a he storm.
This she storm is twistin my gut and my brain at the same time.

If y'all quit hearin from me it's because I ran out of Gold Peak Sweet Tea and had a nervous breakdown. Look for me in all of the local nuthouses and check in on me. Visitors will be nice.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Last nights euro had her coming in near MB and headin north. Now that is todays GFS and the Euro earlier this morning came in MB cut over the Augusta then headed north. Now the Euro is saying MB to Augusta to NW GA.

If y'all quit hearin from me it's because I ran out of Gold Peak Sweet Tea and had a nervous breakdown. Look for me in all of the local nuthouses and check in on me. Visitors will be nice.
Go visit Elfii He will have something that will calm your nerves.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

You need a cup of my campfire coffee chased with 4 fingers of Knob Creek Bourbon. Now git back to work and keep us posted on that harricane.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You need a cup of my campfire coffee chased with 4 fingers of Knob Creek Bourbon. Now git back to work and keep us posted on that harricane.
After this is over I might just have to come visit you for a day or three and try that out, along with some swamp time, if it isn't out of it's banks.

toyota4x4h

Thanks for the tip. He texted that he got a ride with a camper to koa in Charlotte.

Also Atlanta motor speedway opened for campers tent or trailers for free if you know of anyone else looking. That’s a drive from the coast but worst case it’s there.

Status
Not open for further replies.