***General Discussion Weather Thread #2 2018***

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyota4x4h

Last nights euro had her coming in near MB and headin north. Now that is todays GFS and the Euro earlier this morning came in MB cut over the Augusta then headed north. Now the Euro is saying MB to Augusta to NW GA.

I got Gordon right, but it was a he storm.
This she storm is twistin my gut and my brain at the same time.

If y'all quit hearin from me it's because I ran out of Gold Peak Sweet Tea and had a nervous breakdown. Look for me in all of the local nuthouses and check in on me. Visitors will be nice.

Crazy little loop for sure. May rain out the Braves game Saturday we are going to ?

malak05

o_O Watching the dang models of this Hurricane. If the 12z Euro were to somehow verify it would be one of the wonkest storm tracks we've seen in our life and also one which would put parts of the I-20 Corrider thru ATL would feel a huge storm transitioning from Low Grade Hurricane to Tropical storm/depression.

Models are outside of initially coming into the SC/NC border region are all over the place regarding what it does otherwise though at moment.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Been watching the WC. (Don't do Facebook) this is one bad storm.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
o_O Watching the dang models of this Hurricane. If the 12z Euro were to somehow verify it would be one of the wonkest storm tracks we've seen in our life and also one which would put parts of the I-20 Corrider thru ATL would feel a huge storm transitioning from Low Grade Hurricane to Tropical storm/depression.

Models are outside of initially coming into the SC/NC border region are all over the place regarding what it does otherwise though at moment.
The EURO still had Florence at a 988mb storm as it exited N Ga. That's just insane.
Personally I think the EURO has been smoking too much weed lately.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Traffic was already crazy on I-40 west in western NC this afternoon.

someguyintraffic

North GA needs some rain but no deluge. Been skipping properties all week. Lawns and grounds are dry and browning.

malak05

That looks terrible.
That's the scary part if it plays out like that as Miggy said 988 pressure as storm leaves N. Georgia just looking a pressure of 988 alone that's possibly still a borderline hurricane as it leaves GA it's rare that GA other then coastal regions sees hurricane level rain and wind

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Same graphic I posted over on our FB page with a warning that it was an outlier from the other models. Though the GFS has capitulated in that direction on it's last run, the CMC is the only one that seems to have any sanity about it.

I'm trying not to post too many different models as it only serves to confuse folks. Right now nothing is set in stone but am expecting much more congruency between the models tomorrow.

Sometimes you just have to wait for them to agree, even though everyone wants an answer.

This one's named after a woman and apparently someone asked her where she'd like to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.