***General Discussion Weather Thread #4 - 2018***

Helping a buddy of mine move his sons family over the weekend who’s in the Marine Corp and live in Richlands NC. As we were driving up we went through a lot of the areas effected by flooding from the Hurricane back in September such as Wallace, Fayetteville, Chinquapin, etc and it’s heartbreaking. Many folks living in campers, homes destroyed, businesses still closed, roads still closed and bridges just gone. It was truly humbling and they still have my prayers. It’s a totally different mindset and outlook seeing it on TV vs. with your own eyes and realizing the human element involved. And it was in places that when your driving through it boggles the mind how the water could get that high in some of those places. I mean it appeared it was 3-6ft deep for miles in some areas. Unreal!
Anyways, continue to pray for and support these places if you can. These were mostly little small towns and simple folks with not much to begin with as it was that are easily forgotten. And if you know anyone affected, I pray for a speedy recovery and an even better way of life and prosperity than before the storm.

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
They know the same thing I do. :)

I always shake my head every year when we get a nice, warm week in early April, and all the transplants and younger folks run out and plant flowers and maters and such, and then it frosts about half an inch deep and kills all of them. Then, they do it again next year.
No planting till Mom's day here,and have a tarp ready,,,,

Cmp1

Helping a buddy of mine move his sons family over the weekend who’s in the Marine Corp and live in Richlands NC. As we were driving up we went through a lot of the areas effected by flooding from the Hurricane back in September such as Wallace, Fayetteville, Chinquapin, etc and it’s heartbreaking. Many folks living in campers, homes destroyed, businesses still closed, roads still closed and bridges just gone. It was truly humbling and they still have my prayers. It’s a totally different mindset and outlook seeing it on TV vs. with your own eyes and realizing the human element involved. And it was in places that when your driving through it boggles the mind how the water could get that high in some of those places. I mean it appeared it was 3-6ft deep for miles in some areas. Unreal!
Anyways, continue to pray for and support these places if you can. These were mostly little small towns and simple folks with not much to begin with as it was that are easily forgotten. And if you know anyone affected, I pray for a speedy recovery and an even better way of life and prosperity than before the storm.
This right here,,,,my daughter is in Wilson NC,,,,car destroyed,,,,

No planting till Mom's day here,and have a tarp ready,,,,
Mother's day is the usual planting time here, too. Sometimes, it still gets nipped.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Memorial Day you get out your longhandles and switch to your straw hat.

Labor Day you get back into your longhandles and switch to your felt hat.

Old folk`s sayin`.

I've seen flakes past mom's day,,,,definitely frost,,,,we have many tarps,,,,
We had a foot here one time on my son's birthday, May 5th. It snowed five feet deep on top of Mt. Pisgah.

The latest killing frost I can ever remember was June 9th.

Cmp1

We had a foot here one time on my son's birthday, May 5th. It snowed five feet deep on top of Mt. Pisgah.

The latest killing frost I can ever remember was June 9th.
Never saw one that late,but your in the mountains,,,,just big hills here,,,,

Milkman

Retired Moderator
Memorial Day you get out your longhandles and switch to your straw hat.

Labor Day you get back into your longhandles and switch to your felt hat.

Old folk`s sayin`.
Mama used to let us go barefoot outside after May 1st and play in the creek and pond after Memorial Day.

mguthrie

Tornadoes warning for us in rockdale. Henry,Clayton and dekalb to. It appears to be just east of Jonesboro right now

looks like it will rain starting friday, stop for a little bit on saturday and then rain for the next week. Did we go to sleep and wake up in the tropics? I think 8 out of the last 10 weekends have been rainy.