**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of downed trees here this morning, still getting 35-40mph gusts and rain.

Our high yesterday was 52. Weird.

keithsto

Tree took out my bridge across the creek to my hardwood bottom. Made out of 40ft telephone poles and 2x8s. One larger pole is still there, but it broke the smaller pole. Gonna be difficult to hunt this year. :(

czv2iLl.jpg

BeerThirty

Never lost power yesterday in Newnan, nor took any damage. Few friends in the area lost power, and neighbor's house at top of hill that took brunt of wind lost several shingles.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Buncha limbs and debris all over in Dooly and Crisp. Few roofs were removed from local businesses. Lots of trees across power lines with a good many poles broken. Still no power at my house going on 30 hrs. Good friend of mine that's a lineman with Middle Ga EMC, told me not to be in a hurry for power, still 4,000 + without. Those guys are gonna be tired for awhile.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
We never lost power here, but a quarter of the county did. I've been out riding the roads and checking on folks this morning. Lots of trees down and I saw a few broken power poles. It got pretty windy around 11pm last night, but thankfully it wasn't a repeat of Opal.

deerslayer357

We managed with a few trees down, some cleaning to do but no property damage

GoldDot40

My rain gauge is showing 2 and 7/10 inches of rain, but we probably had more than that since a lot of the rain came in horizontal.

That's a good point. No telling how much never made it into the rain gauge vile since it was blowing so erraticly.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
We only got to 59 yesterday (what the car said). Way weird.

Nothing weird about it. That was that Gradient Pressure forcing I was talking about.

Cooler air in the high pressure blowing down from the northeast, then Irma slamming into it with warmer air being pumped up her gullet and scattered out over 400 miles slamming into that high pressure forcing the cool air down to the ground even faster. aka wind, and a cool wind at that. warm air rises, cooler air falls. When confronted with pressurized warmer air the cooler air falls even faster.

smokey30725

So...........what calamity do we get to prepare for next?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
So...........what calamity do we get to prepare for next?

G2 class ( moderate) solar storm will get a glancing blow at Earth tomorrow. I'm going back to my sunspot watching as I did in 09/10 to see if there is any correlation like their seemed to be then.

If so, around 5 to 10 days after the geomagnetic storm impacts the earth we should see a shift in weather. The next three hurricane names on the list are; Lee, Maria & Nate. But the next weather shift doesn't necessarily have to be tropical weather. So we shall see.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Somebody say a while back we were done with the 90's???
Look what I dug up while cruising the models. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Two days before the official start of Autumn no less. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sfct.conus.png

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Somebody say a while back we were done with the 90's???
Look what I dug up while cruising the models. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Two days before the official start of Autumn no less. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sfct.conus.png

Don't make me come up there. :whip:

Patriot44

Banned
Nothing weird about it. That was that Gradient Pressure forcing I was talking about.

Cooler air in the high pressure blowing down from the northeast, then Irma slamming into it with warmer air being pumped up her gullet and scattered out over 400 miles slamming into that high pressure forcing the cool air down to the ground even faster. aka wind, and a cool wind at that. warm air rises, cooler air falls. When confronted with pressurized warmer air the cooler air falls even faster.

No dummy, not the technicalities, the Tropical in da cold. Never experienced that before. :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.