**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickel back

So the Kuchera Ratio is probably a "safe" way to go. This is off the 3K NAM.

If you know where you live you can roughly figure out how much it says you will cash in on.

News outlets are not going all in yet and there is a lot of information flying. It's going to be an interesting event for sure.

Im good with that if it does not shift NW:D

DDD

Winter Weatherman
The mexican and I have a lot of respect for Ryan Maeu.

I don't even know what to say. :pop::pop::pop:

Attachments

• Ryan.JPG
    Ryan.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 331

rolltidega

Of course this type of stuff would happen on the weekend I have to travel from Hiram down to Columbus for my company Christmas party! I love snow but the timing sucks!

malak05

The 18z RGEM which is the 48 short range model related to the CMC shows almost a perfect hit to ATL from lil south of I-20 up I-85 timing is important if this plays out Traffic could be a nightmare again

usardog

The TV Mets just talked about snow. They are saying 1/2 to 1 inch. I still trust DDD more to be straight.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The mexican and I have a lot of respect for Ryan Maeu.

I don't even know what to say. :pop::pop::pop:

It took guts to depart from WxBell and start his own gig offering the free EURO maps. I respect the heck out of Maue and his ability to read the atmosphere.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Maue just posted a simulated radar for the potential event.
It's worth noting that the NWS maps have that area north and west of the snow line as potential for sleet and freezing rain.
Things that make you go hmmmmm.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Still seeing potential for snowfall all day Friday in Atlanta. <br>It's almost the perfect atmospheric setup for heavy, shoveling snow. <br>Keep an eye on this ... @WeatherdotUS pic.twitter.com/8pfEJYgza9</p>— Ryan Maue | weather.us (@RyanMaue) December 6, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The 18z RGEM which is the 48 short range model related to the CMC shows almost a perfect hit to ATL from lil south of I-20 up I-85 timing is important if this plays out Traffic could be a nightmare again

I live in Dallas, ga...I moved here to get away from Atl...If what you say is true...I hope I am still to close...LOL...SNOW DOWN ON ME !! ::;

malak05

If I'm going to pick-up a map to go with as far as expected impact I'm rolling with a Blend of Euro/CMC at this point... The NAM is with them on bringing Snow but it's the most southern of the 3 and it does derive from the GFS which is been lingering in OTS lalaland mostly this whole time and still is out of it at his point... I'm not sure the extent of GFS influence on NAM models but just me believing the most southern of the 3 is being dragged to that due to some GFS error influence

jbird1

Maue just posted a simulated radar for the potential event.
It's worth noting that the NWS maps have that area north and west of the snow line as potential for sleet and freezing rain.
Things that make you go hmmmmm.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Still seeing potential for snowfall all day Friday in Atlanta. <br>It's almost the perfect atmospheric setup for heavy, shoveling snow. <br>Keep an eye on this ... @WeatherdotUS pic.twitter.com/8pfEJYgza9</p>— Ryan Maue | weather.us (@RyanMaue) December 6, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lawwwwwwd have mercy..........

PappyHoel

It was sleeting when I left Sandy Springs around 415. This thread has my interest now

Snow

You know it's to soon for this and will be a cold rain. I liked last weeks weather better. :bounce:

That possibility still exists. Murphy never misses an opportunity to throw a monkey wrench into the best weather maps.

Don't get me wrong i use to love to see snow but as i have gotten older i prefer the weather like last week. I do remember it snowing on Halloween about 8-10 years ago.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Don't get me wrong i use to love to see snow but as i have gotten older i prefer the weather like last week. I do remember it snowing on Halloween about 8-10 years ago.

Man, I'll never be too old to enjoy looking at the snow, just don't tell me you are going to ship me to the beach and make me live there. I'd kill myself first.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The NAM quantities in West Central Ga had me perplexed until I pulled this sounding. Those sub 1k mb temperatures made it clear. However, I would suspect Pine Mountain and points N & NE'ward will be more susceptible to higher totals, IF it actually happens.

Attachments

• nam3km_2017120618_fh60_sounding_85.21W,83.63W,31.98N,33.79N.png
    nam3km_2017120618_fh60_sounding_85.21W,83.63W,31.98N,33.79N.png
    367 KB · Views: 655
Status
Not open for further replies.