**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
First off, Thank you Walton EMC.

Man I can't imagine being up in buckets in this wind working on the power to keep things crankin here in Walton County.

You guys rock.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It's been rockin in rockdale county. Lost power about 3 o'clock. Still off. Road up to get ice and there's trees down everywhere. One in the back of the neighborhood took down power lines

toyota4x4h

Starting to rock and roll in chatsworth. Power still on. I've seen worse wind here but it's pretty strong.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Man I can't imagine being up in buckets in this wind working on the power to keep things crankin here in Walton County.

You guys rock.

Jackson EMC here.....I don't know how my power stayed on and only flickered or was out for short spans. When we lose power it's usually out for a while.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
My 4g data service isn't working. Maybe to much traffic? My roommate has a hot spot but it is spotty. I can log on one minute and not be able to the next

keithsto

You guys rock.

I thought for sure when mine went out the first time it would be out for the duration. Never would I thought they would put buckets in the air in those winds.

Cheers to Walton EMC and the other electric crews out there. :cheers:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I can`t speak for the EMC`s and contractors, but Georgia Power has a safety rule that the boom can`t leave the cradle on a bucket truck if the wind is 30 mph or over.

That didn`t mean we quit working. That`s when we put on our hooks and belt and climbed everything. No matter the weather conditions.

I know it ain`t easy, but be patient. Those men are working around the clock to get power restored to everyone as fast as they safely can.

hayseed_theology

Well, we made it through the worst of the storm with power. I believe the wind is supposed to kick back up as we catch the backside of this monster. Lots of folks around here without power. Some lost power last night, but most lost it this morning. Some getting it back this evening.

Big limbs down all over town. As expected, the pecan tree dropped a big limb in our backyard, but thankfully it missed our power line and the neighbor's.

olered

I can`t speak for the EMC`s and contractors, but Georgia Power has a safety rule that the boom can`t leave the cradle on a bucket truck if the wind is 30 mph or over.

That didn`t mean we quit working. That`s when we put on our hooks and belt and climbed everything. No matter the weather conditions.

I know it ain`t easy, but be patient. Those men are working around the clock to get power restored to everyone as fast as they safely can.

Around here in my neck of the woods most of them don't look climbable due to everything else on the poles. Thankfully the power here has only flickered. Have a buddy that is a fleet mechanic for a utility contractor they told him to pack a bag.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Around here in my neck of the woods most of them don't look climbable due to everything else on the poles. Thankfully the power here has only flickered. Have a buddy that is a fleet mechanic for a utility contractor they told him to pack a bag.

They can climb through all the underbuild on those poles. It`s something else to hold on to. :)

Stonewall 2

Got a call from Jackson county fire dept about an hour ago. Old tin roof has been peeled off one corner of my 30 year old office. Not much to be damaged on the inside just a pain in the rear. Will see what repairs need to be done in the morning!

GoldDot40

EMC here put out a statement saying don't expect them to be out until the wind dies down.

We haven't lost power, but it's flickered most of the evening. Still got 22mph sustained winds and gusting above 30-35. Probably won't ease up until 3:AM here.

2 residents across the street have trees down in their yards. Best I can tell, the only casualty is a privacy fence. Got debris all over my back yard from the trees. I bet I know what the majority on this forum will be doing this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.