Georgetown SC

lampern

Back from a fishing trip to Georgetown, SC

Went out with Capt Steve Roff of Barrier Island Guide Service for tarpon

Went out early and saw tons of bait, mostly menhaden

More menhaden that I had seen in years and the most the captain had seen all year

Sharks and tarpon busting bait all over the surface but so much bait drifting and fishing live menhaden and mullet was seemingly futile

No takers or bites despite feeding fish all around.

It was great to see all the menhaden and mullet though.

Also saw a big loggerhead sea turtle in the inlet

slow motion

Pics? You know we like em. Said fishing wasn't productive but maybe sunrise or sunset. Ocean view. Boat. Food. Come on now. These things get us through the day. Pleeeeeease.

Redbow

Fishing must have fallen off down there, my Wife and I have fished G'Town SC many times and we usually caught fish. Not every time but most of the time we caught enough to eat.

I still know some secret hot spots that rarely let us down with the fishing near the lighthouse in Winyah Bay. And fishing the rocks for Sheepshead was usually good every day unless the wind was blowing so hard you couldn't stay out there. I surely miss fishing around G'Town SC.

lampern

No pics. Sorry but I saw probably 3 sharks busting bait for every tarpon I saw

What kind of shark would cartwheel out of the water?

4-6 feet long

lampern

Thanks

Wish I had video but they were spinning and cartwheeling through the bait and out of the water

We were in the ocean just outside the Winyah Bay inlet

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Thanks

Wish I had video but they were spinning and cartwheeling through the bait and out of the water

We were in the ocean just outside the Winyah Bay inlet

We used to fish Flagler Beach a lot. When the pogies were running, blacktips, tarpon, and kings were all mixed up in that killing field.