Georgia PFA's (Firsthand Accounts) ???

Cletus T.

Merry Christmas everybody, hope all y’all are having a nice Holiday season – I need some info from the fine folks of Woodys…….I’m doing some research on Georgia’s PFA’s and I’ve got a couple that I’m zeroing in on and was wondering what y’all thought about them?

Big Lazer – how’s this fishing? How’s the Camping? From the map it looks like the camping is a little ways away from the boat ramp?

Dodge County PFA – how’s the fishing? IS there camping?

McDuffie – how’s the fishing? How’s the camping?

Just wanting to hear some firsthand experiences from folks and see what might be the best one to try out?
Looking for Spring Fling places coming up in March 2019

Thanks in advance for your input!

Stay Bassy

Cletus

joepuppy

I grew up right behind Dodge. They even drained our private pond when they were building it. The fishing is great for the pressure it receives(a lot). There is a primitive campground on the other side of the lake. It is accessible only by boat, and the only time I've seen it used was by some boy scouts. I'd check with the local office before planning to camp. It was open for night fishing this year throughout the summer as well. There have been some huge bass and crappie caught out of there. They have added another dock in recent years, and managed the fish pretty well. Most of the standing timber has fallen now, but for it's size, it's hard to beat.

joepuppy

PM me for any other questions for Dodge.

Cletus T.

Thank you Joe Puppy – I appreciate the info

We use to go to Paradise every year in the early days of Spring fling and we’ve held it at Charlie Elliott some too so we’ll familiar with the camping being away from the boat ramps but I know that the State has other quality PFA’s too so we’re exploring our options

Thanks again

duckyaker90

Mcduffie PFA can be good fishing at the right times. The camping area is kinda between the first two ponds as you come in. There is a trophy pond out there, however biggest I’ve pulled out of there was a 3lber. The biggest pond has been the best for me. It receives the most pressure, but mostly from the bank and people targeting bream and catfish. There are some decent bass in the pond called bridge also. You have a variety of ponds to choose from out there. Good roads, ramps, and docks.

Jonboater

Any thoughts on Paradise Lakes?? Lots of different lakes and camping. Rocky mountain outside Rome GA has some great camping and good fishing at times. I been there a few times. . Is worth checking out and not far from ya.

Cletus T.

Any thoughts on Paradise Lakes?? Lots of different lakes and camping. Rocky mountain outside Rome GA has some great camping and good fishing at times. I been there a few times. . Is worth checking out and not far from ya.

Yeah man….we’re very familiar with Paradise as that’s where Spring Fling got its start. Our trip started with 4 of us about 17-years ago. Now we have over 20 dudes that go chasing bass every spring with us. We may go back to Paradise one of these years…….just not this year!

Thanks for the reply

fish hawk

Bass Master
Big Lazer gets hammered,tough fishing.One campground is fairly close to the lake but not on it,primitive camping.

Cletus T.

Big Lazer gets hammered,tough fishing.One campground is fairly close to the lake but not on it,primitive camping.

Thank you Fish Hawk…….that’s the kind of info I was looking for
I appreciate it

Tarpfisher

Do something different this year and go north looking for smallmouth. That would make for a good change of pace.

I know you have done the fling on some bigger lakes before.

You can stay at horse creek on dale hollow and be right at the ramp. Not much further than Guntersville