German Wirehaired Pointer

nrh0011

Who all here owns a GWP?? I've bought me a 10 month old started female in kansas, she will spend another month at the trainer then I'll be picking her up. Can't wait to get her on some birds and start working with her.

Reactions: Dub

Jbjessup

I own a GWP, she is 8 months old at the time. If you have any tips on training I would love to hear them. She listens well, but about the goofiest dog I've ever been around.

nrh0011

Jbjessup, this will be the first one I have ever messed with. Perhaps we can tough it out together. Where are you located?

Jbjessup

My plan is for her to be a duck dog. Although, I would love to see how she hunted upland birds, because that's what her entire bloodline hunted. Cwill15 that's a good looking pup!

nrh0011

I'm sure she will learn to do about whatever you want. Could make an excellent woodcock/grouse dog too. Nice looking pup Cwill15

nrh0011

A series of events has unfolded since I've started this thread. The guy I was buying from changed his mind about selling me the GWP. Since then I have bought a Llewellyn setter and will be looking for a GWP or draaht pup here in the next year or so.

Reactions: Dub

nrh0011

I will check them out, when something happens to my lab I'll be ready to get another dog. Thanks