Getting pushed out of Standing Boy WMA

Bowyer29

This place is Archery only so I can't scare anyone with a BOOM BOOM. Yea I have thought about the fact that they could maybe push the deer to me as well as run them off. I will need to be more carful with my camera placement as well. Probably hang them a lot higher and just angle them down. Not towards a bike trail of course.
And prepare for a wacko or two to steal the cameras.

4x4Taco

Been using them for 7 years there now and haven't had one stolen. I don't put them in obvious places. Sooner or later it will happen. Maybe.

BowanaLee

This place is Archery only so I can't scare anyone with a BOOM BOOM. Yea I have thought about the fact that they could maybe push the deer to me as well as run them off. I will need to be more carful with my camera placement as well. Probably hang them a lot higher and just angle them down. Not towards a bike trail of course.
I’d camo them in. If there’s a bank. Cut out a camera sized hole and place it inside. If it doesn’t flood, place it in a root system or under a log. Look around, get creative. I wouldn’t use a strap unless it’s a tree smaller than the camera. They’re eye catchers. My hidden cameras seldom get seen. It’s my cameras on feeders or salt licks that walk off.

rosewood

Maybe skin it out in the parking area? Use one of those hitch mounted gambrels....

NBN

I walked around a good bit yesterday afternoon and it looks like the trails will be wide spread throughout the property. Just have to deal with it! I am just happy its still listed as a WMA and not a State Park like they were talking about. We are lucky we can even still step foot on that property with a bow! Lets count our blessings and have a good safe season.

4x4Taco

I agree 100 percent. Good luck this season NBN. If you need any help finding one or getting one out let me know. My black Tacoma is there every weekend.

NBN

Yes sir same here. Red tacoma here! I have not hunted out there in several years but was going to try it out some again this year just for something different.

hambone76

I’d keep on hunting it. They will eventually wear the new off of the bike trail and colder weather will deter a good many folks too. Try your best to find a good spot to use the bicycle riders as pushers.

lesscott02

All throughout college I hunted Bartram forest WMA. They also had walking trails and picnic areas. In fact, you couldn't hunt the the whole northern part of the property until after a certain date. Didn't really bother me that much. I know hunters, including myself, want the land all to themselves but I don't see an issue with giving people an avenue to enjoy the outdoors in a different way than I do.

martinc

I agree with people enjoying the outdoors but we have many other places here they can do that. The River Walk, Cooper Creek Park, Flat Rock Park. We hunters cant have anything to ourselves anymore.

Thats my biggest gripe about it all too. They have 30+ miles of the Riverwalk plus every county road for Road style/cross country and they have Flat Rock for mountain/offroad riding and they still need more?
I'm debating on hunting Standing Boy this year myself. Might see ya over there.