Glascock County Reports 2018

Big Buck Hunter

One of our hunting properties is in Glascock County, been hunting there for 5 yrs and wanted to open up a thread for everyone to post their reports. Looking forward to talking to everyone. Good luck and be safe.

How2fish

Where in Glascock are you located we are in Warren right on the line with Glascock and Handcock.

duckyaker90

We are in Glascock. Right on the warren county line close to Jefferson county. Haven’t had much free time since my my daughter was born. Hope to get down soon and check some cameras.

Big Buck Hunter

Down at the property this past weekend and the oak tree are loaded. Food plots are looking really good especially the ones that get a lot of shade.

duckyaker90

Was moving cameras around and swapping cards Saturday and noticed a lot and I mean a lot of scrapes. Yes BBH they are hitting the oaks hard on our property.

duckyaker90

Did a damage assessment Thursday. Didn’t look like Michael did too much damage. I believe he boosted the acorns on the ground. White oaks were everywhere.

Big Buck Hunter

Same thing with camp and the property for us thank goodness no damage just mostly limbs down. Checked on camp and finished a few items we had to get done before next weekend. Went over to the property and checked on a few cameras and feeders. While my buddy and I was in one of our food plots checking a camera , had a 2 1/2 yr old basket rack Buck came into the food plot with a his nose to the ground. Young ones must be out searching. He paid us no mind. Looking forward to next weekend.

Moose Master

GONetwork Member
We were out at our place in Mitchell last Friday and must've seen 12-15 active scrapes. Looks like they are getting ready to move. I've been hunting for 25 years in Warren County and still do, but this is my first time in Glascock. One would presume they would be very similar, but it's amazing how much more buck activity I'm seeing already in Mitchell. Thanks for the Intel guys. Good luck this weekend!

Big Buck Hunter

Hope everyone's rifle season opener went well. Our weekend turned out great, had three does taken. Plenty of deer was seen. Lots of scrapes and rubs around the property. From what everyone witnessed this past weekend, the smaller bucks are near the does. Hopefully the bigger bucks will be coming out of hiding during daylight hours this upcoming weekend. Good Luck.

duckyaker90

We seen pretty much what you described as well. My brother put a 5.5yo 7 point up. I think we are still a week and a half or two away.

Big Buck Hunter

Plenty of scrapes and rubs all over the property. No chasing of any type that any of us have seen. Plenty of does we're seen with nothing behind them. Hopefully the rut has not passed us by this year. We shall see this weekend.

duckyaker90

Small bucks seen this week and weekend. Pulled some cards. Had a picture with four does eating. 15 seconds later they were gone and a 3.5 yo buck was running through a thicket. Next couple of weeks should get interesting.

Big Buck Hunter

Slow this past Friday and Saturday, only small deer were seen. I can tell you that the does do not care for any estrous scents being in the woods. Had several blow on a trail that I had put some out and they high tailed it out of there. Did notice a few new small rubs on trees.

misterpink

Dead and dead.

Total of 6 hunters with 4 sits each. Fri - Sun. Combined ~90 man hours in the woods this weekend and we saw 1 deer. Small 2 year old buck around 9am.

Same property at the rifle opener had everyone that hunted seeing multiple deer per session.

Tons of acorns still on the ground. Appears the rut is long gone.

Maybe time to start hunting the super thick stuff already.

Big Buck Hunter

Slow weekend, deer are moving at dark. Buddy of mine had several does come in at last light. Cameras are showing a lot of night movement. Food plots are not being touched and they are looking really good. Acorns are still falling but once that runs out the food plots will be the places to sit on.