Glen Solomon

kingfish

Never met him but I loved reading his articles and following him and his buddies on Satilla Outdoors. Prayers to him and his family.

Todd E

What happened? He was posting on FB a few days ago.....

None of us know how many hunts we have left. Make memories while you can.

kingfish

According to his son, he went to Big Hammock by himself to hunt hogs and started to experience chest pains. He called his family to notify them of his situation and then drove himself to the hospital in Baxley where I believe he collapsed right at the front doors. Again by his son's account, a blood clot got loose somewhere in his body and traveled to his lungs or heart I can't remember which and the doctors couldn't revive him. I read this on the Facebook site, Satilla Outdoors which I follow.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I hate hearing this sort of thing. None of us have much time y’all. Even if you are lucky enough to live to be a hundred that isn’t long. Waste as little of it as possible.

HIGH COUNTRY

So sorry to hear that.

Ran into him all the time at Googes in Hazlehurst - He loved to talk hunting...

Second guy around our age in last two months that was a regular visitor there that has passed away the same way...

Mark R

Tragic and so unexpected . Was just e-mailing with him recently talking about pig huntin and the okefenokee . Prayers for them and he will be missed and remembered . I thought I heard it was Friday .

Last edited:

dirtnap

Awesome guy, if you’ve seen the post about the 16 lb Georgia bass in the freshwater fishing forum, the guy interviewing her , that’s Glen