Glynn County WMAs

Scallen2112

Does anyone squirrel hunt the WMAs in Glynn County? I live right in the middle of them, but I'm really starting to get discouraged. I've covered Polks Pasture and Clayhole Swamp, but have not seen a single squirrel anywhere. It seems the only hardwood stands left on them are out in the middle of the swamp, with every inch of dry land being given over to row upon row of planted pine trees - which makes for a pretty sterile environment. Not even a bird chirp to break the silence - though I have seen plenty of hog sign.

b rad

ive been going the last 2 weeks but havent looked for squirrels i see a ton in the stand though during deer season all the hardwoods are flooded right now, where u finding the hogs at thats what ive been looking for and scouting for next deer season. i seen a few squirrels the other day at clayhole. they hide once they see me walking

Scallen2112

Hey Brad, That sounds great. I'm actually hunting with an air gun for small game. I was at Clayhole today and can show you where I saw the hog sign there and on the upper end of Polks Pasture. Was actually a little worried about running into one, as I had nothing with me that would put a hog down if it decided on fight instead of flight. I retired early and can go about any time. I'll PM you my number.

Darien1

I used to hunt Paulk's Pasture for squirrels a lot. I have shot several limits there but the loggers have about ruined it now.

Squirrelhawker

I'm new to GON. This was one of the first posts I came across when I started searching for posts from squirrel hunters in Glynn. I hunt the WMAs in Glynn too. For me, hardwoods do usually end up being fairly close to the water. Time of day and time of year seemed to make a big difference last season too. Some time in January, it was like someone flipped a switch in some of my usual morning-time honey holes. There would be fresh sign everywhere but not a squirrel to be found. I swapped my hunting time to the evenings and started seeing game again. The squirrels that I found at that time of year also seemed to be in the hardwoods that were near small amounts of huge old pines.

Latest posts