Gobbling Reports???

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My dad heard 4 this month in Troup , he said a couple gobbled good

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I guess it's all academic now. We'll find out tomorrow if they gobbled or what.

Mark K

Banned
“Dispatched” from the woods this morning. Got one picked out for my Daughter-in-law as long as he follows the same pattern tomorrow. She should be done by 0730 if he roosts in the same area and flys out to the burn to strut and gobble like he did this morning.

Wayne D Davis

Not expecting allot of vocalization from the birds early morning but I believe things will heat up around 10 a.m.. Weather is going to be almost perfect. Sometimes when they quiet early morn I gobble to get the party started

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Gobbled in Meriwether this morning.

Zombie woof

Slow weekend in Jones county gobbling wise but Tuesday morning they were hammering on the limb and the ground.

frankwright

I hunted Tuesday in Lamar and it was silent, not a peep or response near or far.
Wednesday my friend said from his porch at the same place they were gobbling thier heads off, two or three birds.
I have heard them several mornings,gobble like crazy on the roost and then silent and never see them. I have tried being patient and calling softly and also moving and calling louder with no takers so far.

Wayne D Davis

No gobbling at PF today or Tuesday. To top that off had to negotiate some briars taking a scenic route out due to a burn going on . Plenty of fresh scratching so it should be good for later on. Next set up will be Pine log Saturday

EDH

No gobbling at PF today or Tuesday. To top that off had to negotiate some briars taking a scenic route out due to a burn going on . Plenty of fresh scratching so it should be good for later on. Next set up will be Pine log Saturday
My son and I went yesterday to PF. We had one gobbling until 9AM as it steadily kept walking away from us.

Mark K

Banned
They are gobbling late in the evenings. Either way after flyup or flying up real late. And this is on multiple properties.
Got one property I haven’t even hunted yet, but watched 2 gobblers fight last week and acted like I wasn’t even around. Parked at the same property Tuesday morning and a gobbler had roosted right beside the paved road. I was in my work truck with the windows down and he gobbled when my computer “dinged” and then kept gobbling. I decided I had heard enough and he gobbled when I started the truck, lol.
May give it a try this weekend. Been holding off making sure they get their breeding done. Turkeys only show up here during turkey season...3 weeks ago not a track or sign to be seen. Only one gobbler a year on that little piece of property...produced for the last 4-5 years.

RLykens

Hmmm, seems to be a trend of mostly quiet birds. I've been able to call in 16 birds but only two mature ones and missed one of em. Mostly no gobbling but the jakes and hens are pretty vocal.

Swamprat

Swamprat
One lone gobble at daybreak, other than that nothing. And this was on a creek bottom near pastures and cut overs.

I did fire up a few hens as a consolation prize but getting tired of these participation ribbons.

This was in NW Florida

Turkeytider

Near Swainsboro. Pretty quiet. Heard one bird ( I think just one ) at great distance. Just can't seem to be in the right place at the right time.